none
Error when opening infopath forms - errorcode 0x82000006(SharePoint Online).Please help! RRS feed

• Question

• I have been opening infopath forms before without any issues but suddenly i'm getting this error below:

The SOAP response indicates that an error occurred on the server:

Exception of type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.SoapServer.SoapServerException' was thrown.
    <detail><errorstring xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/">
        List does not exist.
        The page you selected contains a list that does not exist.  It may have been deleted by another user.
        </errorstring><errorcode xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/sharepoint/soap/">0x82000006</errorcode></detail>

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks in Advance

Tuesday, April 16, 2019 7:22 AM

All replies

• Any answers from anyone here
    Wednesday, April 17, 2019 12:53 AM
  • Hi Patrick,

What is the version of your InfoPath Designer?

I have done a test in my SharePoint online and i can reproduce your issue when using InfoPath 2013(15.0.4420.1017) 32 bit:

And it works fine with reproduce your issue when using InfoPath 2013(15.0.4733.1000) 64 bit:

Try to install latest update for your InfoPath and compare the results. 

If the issue still exists, try to install 64 bit InfoPath and compare the results. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, April 17, 2019 2:48 AM
  • Hi Patrick,

If a reply helps you, please remember to mark it as an answer, it will be beneficial to others in the community who meet this similar issue in the future. 

Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, April 24, 2019 10:16 AM
  • Hi Patrick,

we kind of faced the exact issue on our infopath forms after struggling a lot we found the solution after raising a Microsoft Ticket. And the Issue is due to Office Update on Client Machines (End User Machines). Office update has been changed the following registry key value at the below place

Got to your local Machine and open Run and enter "regedit" and then go to the below path from the registry.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ms-infopath\shell\open\command.. in that Default value data would be like below.

Current Value: C:\PROGRA~2\MICROS~2\Office15\PROTOC~1.EXE "%1"

(And) 

Correct Value: C:\PROGRA~1\MIF5BA~1\Office15\PROTOC~1.EXE "%1"

Microsoft Team is not sure which update made this change.

Go to your local Machine and change those values & try opening the form.

No Changes, Required at SharePoint end.

Thanks & Regards,

Sharath Aluri

Thursday, April 25, 2019 12:00 AM
  • Thanks the version i'm using is 32bit.
    I think i tried the 64bit and still getting the same issue...One thing through is if i open the form via "Form Settings" it works.

Any ideas?

Friday, April 26, 2019 7:56 AM
  • Thanks Sharath.

Will give it a shot and let you know

Friday, April 26, 2019 7:57 AM
  • Hi Patrick.i, 

Is there anything update?

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Wednesday, May 1, 2019 7:35 AM
  • Thanks Lisa for checking in.
    Installed 64 bit and the only way i can get it to work is if i open the form via List Settings > Form Settings >Use a custom form created in infopath it works.

Any suggestions

Thursday, May 2, 2019 1:06 AM
  • Hi Patrick, 

Have you checked the method which Sharath offered?

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen 

Friday, May 3, 2019 9:21 AM
  • Hi Patrick,

We have issued a public article to work around this issue for now. We are working in the background to resolve it. Till then please use workaround listed in below article: 

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/troubleshoot/soapserverexception-when-customizing-list-form-using-infopath-designer

Manas

Thursday, May 9, 2019 7:00 PM
  • Hello Patrick, 

Thanks for the post, I am PM from Microsoft, may I know if there is some way for us to repro this issue in our side? therefore our engineer can debug this issue?

Thanks, 

Raymond

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 12:32 AM