none
Azure Website serving the old intermediate SHA1 cert RRS feed

  • Question

  • I had an original cert chain with a SHA1 intermediate in the middle that was installed on my website through the portal. I updated the cert chain so all certs were with SHA256 and proceed to installed it on the website via the portal. The website continued to serve the old SHA1 intermediates. Thoughts how what might be wrong?
    Saturday, January 31, 2015 12:55 AM

All replies

  • Hi Josh,

    Would you be able to provide a site name with this issue so we can check it?

    Thanks,
    Petr

    Saturday, January 31, 2015 6:54 PM
    Moderator
  • Hi,

    I believe we are having the same problem with a customer web site.

    Everythng was working fine until today!

    Can someone from MSFT please check if something changed with SSL in Azure Web Sites?


    Best Regards,
    Carlos Sardo

    Sunday, February 1, 2015 6:57 PM
  • The name of the site is fbfrontend and the URL is https://fighterbonus.com.
    Sunday, February 1, 2015 8:56 PM
  • Tuesday, February 3, 2015 4:33 PM
    Moderator
  • Hi Carlos,

    Do you still have the issue? In Josh's case it was because of the wrong DNS record. I tried to navigate to your site (https://www.tno.nl/) and I see GlobalSign SHA256 certificate as the intermediate one.

    Thanks,
    Petr

    Tuesday, February 3, 2015 4:35 PM
    Moderator
  • No, this problem was not solved by the other thread solution. That problem involved getting the newly installed cert to be served. The problem now is that the end of the certification chain is served, but still uses the old intermediate certification even though I uploaded the full chain with SHA256 throughout.
    Tuesday, February 3, 2015 4:50 PM
  • Hi Carlos,

    Do you still have the issue? In Josh's case it was because of the wrong DNS record. I tried to navigate to your site (https://www.XXXXXX/) and I see GlobalSign SHA256 certificate as the intermediate one.

    Thanks,
    Petr

    The issue is gone now.

    I got this reply from Microsoft support:

    -----------------------------------------

    I have done some checking and the FrontEnds in your stamp AM2-013 have been recently migrated to a newer version of Azure Websites.

    This may have been impacted your site.

    As stated, I have sent an email to Azure Operations to get more feedback from them, once I get feedback I will send it onto you.

    ------------------------------------------


    Best Regards,
    Carlos Sardo


    Wednesday, February 4, 2015 8:32 AM
  • I'm glad that Carlos got the answer to his question, but since I have not received an answer to my question I unmarked this as the answer.
    Wednesday, February 4, 2015 3:38 PM