Partition processing peak RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a S0 10GB service running, I recently upgraded from basic to be able to do partition processing since we kept hitting the upper memory limit during full processing. 

I now do a full process on the 2020 partition, which contains about 4-5% of the data (total 2.5-3GB when idle).

But the 2020 partition processing peak is almost similar to processing the entire model without partitions.

Am I missing something?

My next step is clearing the partition, wait a couple of minutes, and then full process 2020, but it seems wrong.

Thanks in advance

Best regards

Bo

Monday, February 3, 2020 11:46 AM

All replies

• Hello BRNDK, 

Apologizes for the late response on this . 

I will reach out to internal teams for more information.

Thanks Himanshu

Tuesday, February 4, 2020 5:52 PM
  • Hello ,

Are you having many calculated columns\calculated tables here ?.

Thanks Himanshu

Wednesday, February 5, 2020 7:29 AM
  • Hi Himanshu

Thanks for getting back.

I have 1 table, 16 regular colums (mostly whole number references to dimension tables) and 5 calculated columns (3 whole numbers and 2 booleans).

Maybe all the tables calculated columns re-evaluated even though only one partition is updated?
    (In that case, I think I could move some of the logic into the ETL proces)

Best regards

Bo

Wednesday, February 5, 2020 6:41 PM
  • That does not sound to be too many . I suggest you to please move the logic to ETL ( if you can ) and see if that help . At this time I am not very confident . Please do let us know how it goes .

Thanks Himanshu

Wednesday, February 5, 2020 10:13 PM
  • I will do that as soon as possible, since I will eventually hit the barrier again.

Do You suspect that all partitions' calculated fields are re-evaluated when only one partition is updated?

Thanks for getting back :)

Best regards

Bo

Thursday, February 6, 2020 7:17 AM