none
Azure Active Directory lookups/autocomplete RRS feed

• Question

• I'm just getting started with Azure Data Catalog, and have a question regarding Azure Active Directory and lookup/autocompletion functionality.  Whenever I'm adding a group or username to any of the categories, such as Experts, Owners or any of the visibility categories, I need to know the exact UPN of the user I'm adding, e.g. bloggsj@domain.com.  Often this means I have to search through Active Directory to find the exact username.

Are there any plans to introduce a lookup against the name on the account rather than the user name, and to have a list of suggested names based on what has been typed, similar to how tagging is implemented?

Friday, March 23, 2018 9:35 AM

All replies

• Hi macnamam,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. This looks like a feature request.

Please take a few minutes to submit your idea in Azure Data Catalog user voice forum. All of the feedback shared in these forums will be monitored and reviewed by the Azure Data Catalog engineering team. 

Thank you

If a post helps to resolve your issue, please click the "Mark as Answer" of that post and/or click Answered "Vote as helpful" button of that post. By marking a post as Answered and/or Helpful, you help others find the answer faster.

Monday, August 19, 2019 6:30 PM