none
IP Address for my webapp questions RRS feed

• Question

• When I follow the directions for finding out my Azure WebApps IP address, and look in "properties" in the management portal,  it says "No IP-based SSL binding is configured"

How do I use the portal to find the IP Address?  

Thanks

• Edited by danielsn Saturday, September 14, 2019 10:12 PM
    Saturday, September 14, 2019 6:27 PM

Answers

• Thanks for asking Question! The best way to find the IP address is to login to the Azure portal > go to your web app> then click on Custom Domains under settings menu. This is Inbound IP address

For Out Bound IP address go to your web app> click on properties in settings menu this will display Outbound IP address. If there is "No IP-based SSL binding is configured" this means you have to configure  IP-based SSL binding.  This is to be done If you want a dedicated, Static IP address for your app.  Also note that If you don't need SSL functionality to secure your app, you can even upload a self-signed certificate for this binding. In an IP-based SSL binding, the certificate is bound to the IP address itself, so App Service provisions a static IP address to make it happen.

You may refer:  https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/app-service/overview-inbound-outbound-ips

Monday, September 16, 2019 4:23 AM