none
CONNECT TO THE PROJECT (PWA) VIA ODATA NO DATA FACTORY RRS feed

All replies

• Hello Danilo Hamdan, and thank you for your inquiry, but could you please tell me more about your situation?  I googled 'PWA', 'Progressive Web Apps' look like something that would be queried using a REST API or a web activity.  Are you referring to something else by PWA?  I need more information before I can help you.
    Monday, July 15, 2019 8:16 PM
  • @Danilo Hamdan, I have not had any response from you.  Did you solve the issue on your own?
    Wednesday, July 17, 2019 5:12 PM
  • @Danilo Hamdan, I have not heard back from you, so I shall now close this issue.
    Thursday, July 18, 2019 5:31 PM
  • @MartinJaffer-MSFT, I suspect he meant PWA=Project Web App, aka Project Online.

Our company is trying the same thing: we want to connect to Project Online with Azure Data Factory using oData and can't get the connection to work. We're using windows authentication and get this error when testing the connection: "Failed to create OData connection to RequestUrl Activity ID:ad616025-564d-4d0d-aca2-238f70b3215e."

Friday, July 26, 2019 8:17 PM
  • We will do an internal follow-up and get back to you.
    Wednesday, July 31, 2019 6:24 PM
  • thank you Martin.

for what its worth, I've since discovered that we're likely supposed to be using AAD Service Principle with key/certificate to authenticate, not Windows authentication, but I can't find any documentation that spells it out very well. Seems to be an under-documented technique that many are looking for.

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Wednesday, July 31, 2019 6:28 PM
  • Hi Paul Tansey, that actually makes sense, as it matches the directions I was given for accessing Sharepoint.  Sharepoint and Project Online are both Office products, so there is likely to be similarities, right?  Please take a look at Access SharePoint list data using ADF

I never got around to reproducing and adding the images, but it is the best I have on the subject.

Thursday, August 1, 2019 10:22 PM
  • Yes, I'd seen that article and balked at the complexity of having to create certificates and all that. I was hoping Service Principle with Key would be easier but we'll see. I've opened a case with MS to see if they can assist in hopefully an easier solution.

Regardless, thank you so much for replying to me, and for the effort you put into that article you linked to. You do us all a great service. :)

Thursday, August 1, 2019 10:25 PM
  • Thank you!  I saw many asking about Sharepoint.  I was getting worried nobody saw my article.
    Friday, August 2, 2019 9:12 PM