none
Errors when registering a Dataset to workspace RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am experimenting using Azure ML services (azureml-sdk==1.0.62). 

What I am doing is to create a pipeline that container data preprocessing, training, testing, deploying and monitoring. Everything worked fine when I ran locally.

Now I committed to repo and the pipeline is triggered when there are changes in codes. In the CICD, the same pipeline is executed 4 times simultaneously to test stability.  It worked fine in the beginning. But in the second run, I got 

Version 7 has been registered as iris_dataset:3 (name:version).

So I deleted the dataset and repeated the ran. I observed the similar outcomes, i.e, first time is okey and the second time, I got similar error 

Version 3 has been registered as iris_dataset:1 (name:version).

When I check the first run, all pipeline registered model to dataset:1.  It should be something like dataset:1, dataset:2, ..  

Can someone know what happened ?

The experiment failed. Finalizing run...
    Logging experiment finalizing status in history service.
    Cleaning up all outstanding Run operations, waiting 300.0 seconds
    2 items cleaning up...
    Cleanup took 0.0015828609466552734 seconds
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "data_preparation.py", line 34, in <module>
        create_new_version=True)
      File "data_preparation.py", line 22, in register_data
        create_new_version=create_new_version)
      File "/opt/hostedtoolcache/Python/3.6.9/x64/lib/python3.6/site-packages/azureml/data/_loggerfactory.py", line 77, in wrapper
        return func(*args, **kwargs)
      File "/opt/hostedtoolcache/Python/3.6.9/x64/lib/python3.6/site-packages/azureml/data/_dataset.py", line 277, in register
        raise e  # TODO: log unknown exception
      File "/opt/hostedtoolcache/Python/3.6.9/x64/lib/python3.6/site-packages/azureml/data/_dataset.py", line 256, in register
        custom_headers=_custom_headers)
      File "/opt/hostedtoolcache/Python/3.6.9/x64/lib/python3.6/site-packages/azureml/_restclient/operations/dataset_operations.py", line 1729, in register
        raise HttpOperationError(self._deserialize, response)
    msrest.exceptions.HttpOperationError: Operation returned an invalid status code 'Version 7 has been registered as iris_dataset:3 (name:version).'

• Edited by Chengyu Liu Friday, November 15, 2019 2:28 PM
    Friday, November 15, 2019 2:20 PM

All replies

• I continued investigation.

What I did is to run the same pipeline locally meaning everything is the same, the workspace, dataset name, etc.

I have the same error coming out. Somehow the registered dataset is in a not correct stage.

Friday, November 15, 2019 2:28 PM
  • Hello Chengyu,

Could you please let us know if you are following any documentation link to run the above pipeline experiment to replicate the scenario you are facing?

On a high level it looks like the previous runs registered the dataset and the newer runs are failing with this step. 

-Rohit

Monday, November 18, 2019 12:44 PM