can we pause or suspend blockchain service for ethereum RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All ,

I have been using Blockchain service with etherum blockchain .

I have deployed smart contact there and everything is working well.

From cost perspective i need to know is there any option where we could pause this service  for few days and then again resume (like we do for vm)  

I can only see a "delete" option there , but this may result is loss of data

Wednesday, May 13, 2020 7:17 AM

Answers

• Hello,

Azure Blockchain Service Quorum does not provide an option to pause/resume the service. Quorum uses IBFT protocol which is configured to mine blocks every 5 seconds and all the validator nodes continue to participate in mining and the transaction nodes syncs these mining blocks. There is a min set of validators (more than 2/3rd majority) which are required otherwise mining will halt and could impact the overall network. If the TX node is allowed to be paused, then when it resumes this might take quite long to sync the pending blocks and that could also mean the delay in submitting and validating transactions from this node.

Do let us know if you have further queries.

Thursday, May 14, 2020 2:37 PM

All replies

• Hello,

Azure Blockchain Service Quorum does not provide an option to pause/resume the service. Quorum uses IBFT protocol which is configured to mine blocks every 5 seconds and all the validator nodes continue to participate in mining and the transaction nodes syncs these mining blocks. There is a min set of validators (more than 2/3rd majority) which are required otherwise mining will halt and could impact the overall network. If the TX node is allowed to be paused, then when it resumes this might take quite long to sync the pending blocks and that could also mean the delay in submitting and validating transactions from this node.

Do let us know if you have further queries.

Thursday, May 14, 2020 2:37 PM
  • Have you had a chance to see the above response? Do let us know if you have any further queries.
    Friday, May 15, 2020 4:30 PM
  • I am marking the above resonse as answer. Incase if you have further questions, please reachout to us and we will be happy to help you.
    Friday, May 29, 2020 11:36 AM