none
How To Connect To Azure File Share When SMB Port 445 Is Being Blocked By ISP RRS feed

Answers

All replies

• If port 445 is blocked by your organization's policy or by your ISP, you can use Azure File Sync to access your Azure file share.

Also, there has already been some feedback around this topic and I’d encourage you to upvote it by visiting the link:

Allow Access to file storage configuration to use alternate port instead of often blocked port 445

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

• Edited by Md Shihab Monday, January 15, 2018 5:37 AM Edited the link
    • Proposed as answer by Md Shihab Monday, January 15, 2018 5:37 AM
    • Marked as answer by ThePieMonster Tuesday, January 16, 2018 5:00 AM
    Monday, January 15, 2018 5:33 AM
  • Hi,

I've seen the videos and articles on Azure File Sync, but am unsure of how I can access the Azure file Share from a client PC when port 445 is blocked by the ISP.

Assuming I've set up a Sync Server, how will the client connect to it?

Eg. Normally would use NET USE to map \\mystorage.file.core.windows.net\sharename to a local drive. What's different about how i access this share using Azure File Sync?

For info, the Sync Server is in the office and I need to get access to the file share from a remote laptop.

Sunday, January 13, 2019 9:31 PM
  • If you have ever been blocked using Azure Files due to your ISP's port 445, you can setup a Point to Site VPN to your Azure Files. Refer to the suggestions mentioned in the GitHub article

Hope this helps!

Kindly let us know if the above helps or you need further assistance on this issue.

Thursday, January 17, 2019 7:07 AM
  • You may see the solution as a deep dive technical video at my YouTube Video,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDB-EFpuXrQ&t=3s

• Proposed as answer by Atul Raizada Sunday, January 20, 2019 1:08 AM
    Sunday, January 20, 2019 1:08 AM