The following forum(s) are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Azure Security Center!

Ask new questions on Microsoft Q&A (Preview).
Interact with existing posts until December 13, 2019, after which content will be closed to all new and existing posts.

Learn More

none
Changing my azure login which has my company in it? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I set up a test environment with my local domain.lan and my external domain.com to learn about azure.   I wanted to find out how migrating exchange to a hybrid environment would work.   I haven't gotten that far yet.  I have active directory sync working however, when I signed up for azure, I created a new account to test with for the azure portal.    My sign in is myname@domain.com and as a result, all my test accounts can sync except my own name on the domain because they match.    

How do I change my own name for my azure login which has my company AD info in it?

I'm wondering what happens if I work for a company and their IT guy is gone, they were using azure adsync and no one knows the password for the account it is set up under - would you call MS?    Is it possible to set up more than one azure account that has access to that domain?

Wednesday, June 19, 2019 1:35 PM

All replies

• Hello, 

It is recommended to have more than one administrator to prevent the risk of losing access. So when the user leaves, the next available admin can take over and delete the account that is no longer required.

If the account (myname@domain.com) you are referring to is a

• work account you created in Azure Portal, then you can simply change it to something else (myname-admin@doamin.com) to remove the conflict by navigating to Azure Portal > Azure Active Directory > Users > myname@domain.com > Edit. This will remove the conflict. 
    • personal account (outlook/live.com) then you can either delete it after creating another Global Admin or change the UPN by signing into that account.

Hope this helps.
    Thursday, June 20, 2019 4:54 AM
  • Please let me know if you find above reply useful. If yes, do click on 'Mark as answer' link in above reply. This will help other community members facing similar query to refer to this solution. Thanks.
    Thursday, June 27, 2019 11:02 PM
  • I'm following up on this, please remember to mark one of the responses as answer if your question has been answered. If not please let us know if there are anymore questions.

Thanks!

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 10:27 PM
  • I'm following up on this, please remember to mark one of the responses as answer if your question has been answered. If not please let us know if there are anymore questions. Thanks
    Tuesday, July 30, 2019 11:21 PM