Azure App Service timeouts requests to web application after 4 mins. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have an asp.net mvc web application deployed to Azure AppService. The application was working in company server and is currently moved to Azure. The requests to the application takes time to process and Azure AppService ends the request after around 4 minutes. We get a status code of 500.

Modifying the application is currently not a possible option considering the time required to change the logic. Is there any settings in AppService to increase the timeout? If not what is the work around for this?

Regards. 

Thursday, June 29, 2017 9:27 AM

All replies

• I would suggest you add this in your Web App ‘App settings’ configuration with a value of your choice.

For example:

SCM_COMMAND_IDLE_TIMEOUT = 3600

WEBJOBS_IDLE_TIMEOUT = 3600

You may turn on the ‘Always On’ feature if not enabled and see if that helps.  

By default, Web Apps are unloaded if they are idle for some period of time. This lets the system conserve resources. In Basic or Standard mode, you can enable ‘Always On’ to keep the app loaded all the time. If your app runs continuous WebJobs, you should enable ‘Always On’, or the WebJobs may not run reliably. To enable, Goto web app -> Settings -> Application Settings -> enable ‘Always On’.

Also, Check the diagnostic log stream to get more details on this issue and the article for Troubleshooting Azure App Service Apps Using Web Server Logs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Thursday, June 29, 2017 5:03 PM
  • I tried the settings. But it is still failing.
    Friday, June 30, 2017 6:05 AM
  • Hi

Forgot to mention that after doing the settings am getting a status code is 502.

Regards

Friday, June 30, 2017 6:34 AM
  • Hi

What I understood is that eventhough the Http request timeouts the task running is not interrupted. It gets completed in the server. But the request gets disconnected.

Binil

Friday, June 30, 2017 9:21 AM
  • This would require further investigation to find out the root cause. I suggest you contact technical support for deeper analysis of the issue. Refer: How to create an Azure support request.

The ticket will help you work closely with the support for immediate resolution.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Tuesday, July 4, 2017 4:28 PM