none
Incremental Loading of Fact table using SSIS RRS feed

• Question

• Dear All,

I have created an Azure SQL Data-warehouse and created 15 dimensions and perform ETL using SSIS Incremental loading using data flow task and lookup transforms and it is working well..

When i need to Load Fact table i choose Slowly Changing Dimension transform and it is throwing error. I need to do something very same what SCD does , which is creating new row in OLAP if Historical attribute value changed ..

I found SCD transform does not supported by Azure Sql Warehouse.

Could anyone help me out on how i achieve this using SSIS .

Many thanks in advance..

Thanks

Sachin

Thursday, August 8, 2019 11:48 AM

All replies

• Hi Sachin,

The Slowly Changing Dimension Wizard only supports connections to SQL Server. So yes, you are partially correct but Azure SQL Data Warehouse still supports SCD by way of a loading methodology. Please see the following document: Slowly Changing Dimension Transformation (link).

To accomplish this using SSIS with Azure SQL Data Warehouse, use the Advance Filter dialog box. Please see: Configuring the Slowly Changing Dimension Transformation Outputs (link)

The Advanced Editor dialog box, in which you to select a connection, set common and custom component properties, choose input columns, and set column properties on the six outputs. To complete the task of configuring support for a slowly changing dimension, you must manually create the data flow for the outputs that the Slowly Changing Dimension transformation uses. For more information, see Data Flow.

Please let us know if you have additional questions.

Regards,

Mike

Friday, August 9, 2019 9:59 PM
  • Please let us know if you have additional questions.

Regards,

Mike

Friday, August 16, 2019 12:22 AM