WP 8.1 deployment error: Installation of the application failed. The application is already installed, or update or uninstall is running. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Development environment: Visual Studio Express 2013 for Windows and target Windows Phone OS version is WP 8.1.

I have been deployed my application many times to the emulator and also to the device. Last time the deployment to the device succeeded but application not run correctly and I stopped the application process.

Now when I try to deploy application to the device I get the following error:

Installation of the application failed. The application is already installed, or update or uninstall is running.

I have been restarted the device, tried to uninstall another application (http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/wpapps/en-US/5577abdc-3ef4-4a6b-b1d5-08a6df4ba684/deployment-error-0x89736001) but nothing helped.

What can I do?

Thank you

Matti

Friday, May 23, 2014 3:54 PM

Answers

• I create a new Blank App (Windows Phone Silverlight) project. I built it and deployed to the phone. And then I removed it from phone.

Then I replaced "Identity" and "mp:PhoneIdentity" elements from the Package.appxmanifest file of the new project to my project's Package.appxmanifest file.

I also replaced "ProductID" and "PublisherID" guid values of the WMAppManifest.xml from the new project.

Then I built my application and deployed to the device. That's it!  

• Marked as answer by AUMAT Monday, May 26, 2014 8:13 PM
    Monday, May 26, 2014 8:12 PM

All replies

• Another option is to manually change the value of the Product ID in the Packaging page of the WMAppManifest.xml designer.

Eric Fleck, Windows Store and Windows Phone Developer Support. If you would like to provide feedback or suggestions for future improvements to the Windows Phone SDK please go to http://wpdev.uservoice.com/ where you can post your suggestions and/or cast your votes for existing suggestions.

Friday, May 23, 2014 9:47 PM
  • I tried that and after that I got the following error:
    Installation of the application failed. XAP package signature is not valid or the WP manifest file is invalid. Re-sign with valid signature and fix the manifest file.

Then I changed the same product id also to Package.appxmanifest.xml file but the same error exists.

How could I get the XAP package signature valid? Or are there another solutions?

Matti

Saturday, May 24, 2014 8:09 AM
  • I create a new Blank App (Windows Phone Silverlight) project. I built it and deployed to the phone. And then I removed it from phone.

Then I replaced "Identity" and "mp:PhoneIdentity" elements from the Package.appxmanifest file of the new project to my project's Package.appxmanifest file.

I also replaced "ProductID" and "PublisherID" guid values of the WMAppManifest.xml from the new project.

Then I built my application and deployed to the device. That's it!  

• Marked as answer by AUMAT Monday, May 26, 2014 8:13 PM
    Monday, May 26, 2014 8:12 PM
  • So, the best solution which i've found is next: 1) install windows phone power tools 2) connect to device and remove all dev apps from isolated storage 3) be happy
    Friday, May 29, 2015 11:27 AM