none
The object contains an unrecognized argument: "JobId"

Question

• Hi all,

I'm trying to push configuration on two nodes using WMF 5.0 Preview February 2015 but it is failing to create job on one the second node. Would appreciate any advise on how to resolve this issue.

Command:

Start-DscConfiguration -Path C:\MOF\AzurePackAdmin  -Verbose -Wait -Force

Error:

The WinRM client cannot process the request. The object contains an unrecognized argument: "JobId". Verify that the spelling of the argument name is correct.
        + CategoryInfo          : MetadataError: (root/Microsoft/...gurationManager:String) [], CimException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : HRESULT 0x803381e1
        + PSComputerName        : node02.domain.lab

• Edited by germanrib Tuesday, March 3, 2015 8:47 AM
    Tuesday, March 3, 2015 8:45 AM

All replies

• I have exactly the same issue but haven't found a solution yet. :S

not on Azure DSC specifically but on any Start-DSCConfiguation with multiple nodes.

• Edited by Beestig Tuesday, March 3, 2015 2:56 PM
    Tuesday, March 3, 2015 2:55 PM
  • Hi,

Is this an issue with the Azure Automation service? If not, I think you have the wrong forum. It seems that this is a general PS DSC question, not related to Azure Automation.

Tuesday, March 3, 2015 6:10 PM
    Owner
  • Hello!

what is the correct forum to ask about issues with WMF used for DSC and Powershell workflows?

Wednesday, March 4, 2015 7:50 PM
  • Try and delete the content of the c:\MOF\AzurePackAdmin folder, generate the MOFs again and try to apply the configuration. If that is unsuccessfull, reboot the nodes if you have not tried that. If the error persist, create a dummy configuration like this:

configuration Telnet
    {
    Param(
        [String[]]$Computername
    )
        Foreach ($computer in $computername)
        { 
            Node "$computer"
            { 
                WindowsFeature TelnetClient
                { 
                    Ensure = "Absent"
                    Name = "Telnet-client"

}
            }
        }
    }

Try and apply that configuration to the nodes. If the configuration gets applied, then there is most likely an error in WMF5, the DSC resource/module or the configuration. 

Cheers

Tore

Friday, March 13, 2015 8:48 PM
  • On the Advanced DSC MVA, Jason and Jeffrey hit the same bug (around 10
    minutes in).

https://channel9.msdn.com/Series/Advanced-PowerShell-Desired-State-Configuration-DSC-and-Custom-Resources/05

Microsoft is aware of the issue.

HTH, Ben

Saturday, March 21, 2015 7:37 AM
  • I am facing the issue

The WinRM client cannot process the request. The object contains an unrecognized argument: "JobId". Verify that the spelling of the argument name is
    correct.
        + CategoryInfo          : MetadataError: (root/Microsoft/...gurationManager:String) [], CimException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : HRESULT 0x803381e1
        + PSComputerName        : DSC2

So I managed to run like below

'DSC1' , 'DSC2' | %{Start-DscConfiguration .\FileDemo -ComputerName $_ -Wait -Verbose -Force}

I passed multiple computers in Pipeline to fix the above error!

Regards Chen V [MCTS SharePoint 2010]

Thursday, April 16, 2015 12:48 PM