Visual Basic - Access Violation error RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using pos.net with my vb.net application. It was working fine when I last ran the application. It is give these errors:

Exception thrown: 'System.OverflowException' in Microsoft.PointOfService.dll
    Exception thrown: 'System.OverflowException' in Microsoft.PointOfService.dll
    Exception thrown: 'System.TypeInitializationException' in Microsoft.PointOfService.dll
    'Epson Printer Project.vshost.exe' (CLR v4.0.30319: Epson Printer Project.vshost.exe): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Configuration\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Configuration.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
    The program '[8372] Epson Printer Project.vshost.exe' has exited with code -1073741819 (0xc0000005) 'Access violation'.

It will build the application ok. I click debug and the windows form shows. When I click a button that has something to do with a pos device to run, the application closes and shows the errors

I can confirm that if I go to the projects folder and run the EXE file, everything works fine.

What is access violation?

My other vb.net projects are working ok.

• Edited by jcharles12 Sunday, October 4, 2015 6:48 AM
    Sunday, October 4, 2015 6:47 AM

All replies

• Generally, memory-related issues it will be examined in debugging tools that are provided in Microsoft.
    Please search for the following keywords or articles, and try to use it.

for unmanaged code:
      Debugging Tools for Windows (WinDbg, KD, CDB, NTSD)
      Tools Included in Debugging Tools for Windows
        - ADPlus
        - GFlags
      Application Verifier

for .NET related blogs:
     - MSDN Blogs > If broken it is, fix it you should > .NET Debugging Demos - Information and setup instructions
        Tess1 4 Feb 2008 4:12 AM

- MSDN Blogs > If broken it is, fix it you should > Debugging Native memory leaks with Debug Diag 1.1
        Tess1 14 Jan 2010 5:21 AM

- MSDN Blogs > Shawn Burke's Blog > Configuring Visual Studio to Debug .NET Framework Source Code
        Shawn Burke - MSFT 16 Jan 2008 9:02 AM

- Server & Tools Blogs > Developer Tools Blogs > Microsoft Application Lifecycle Management
        Using Visual Studio 2013 to Diagnose .NET Memory Issues in Production
        Andrew B Hall - MSFT 20 Jun 2013 11:25 PM

Tuesday, October 6, 2015 10:24 AM