none
Unable to view/copy data from On-Prem Informix(self-hosted integration runtime) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am using Azure Data Factory V2 to copy on-premise  data into Azure Data lake. The pipeline was running fine.

However, Now my pipelines are running for ages (No data is getting copied)

I have re-installed Self-Hosted integration run time, still same issue.

Test Connection is successful but when I am trying view data or browse tables getting an timeout error.

Can anyone please advice what could be potential reason for this issue

What ports ADF uses ?

Really appreciate any help !

Can test

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 3:10 AM

All replies

• Hello MazharMH and thank you for your inquiry.  Did anything change when your pipeline stopped working?  Did the Integration Runtime get updated?

As to the ports used, here is an excerpt from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-factory/data-movement-security-considerations#frequently-asked-questions

What are the port requirements for the self-hosted integration runtime to work?

The self-hosted integration runtime makes HTTP-based connections to access the internet. The outbound ports 443 must be opened for the self-hosted integration runtime to make this connection. Open inbound port 8050 only at the machine level (not the corporate firewall level) for credential manager application. If Azure SQL Database or Azure SQL Data Warehouse is used as the source or the destination, you need to open port 1433 as well. For more information, see the Firewall configurations and whitelisting IP addresses section.

There is also a mention of 8060 in the section above that excerpt.  For further debug information, you can turn on verbose logging in the Integration Runtime.

In my experience, the "Test Connection" button in the data factory, only tests whether there is a service which responds.  It does not test the service actually allows access to data.

Wednesday, May 22, 2019 4:50 PM
  • Also, could you please share with me what version of the Integration Runtime you are using?
    Wednesday, May 22, 2019 6:03 PM