none
Tabular model upgrading to compatibility level 1500 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, i have a 1400 Tabular model running on Azure Analysis Services, maintained using Visual Studio 2019 with the latest Microsoft Analysis Service Projects extension installed.

How can i upgrade the model to compatibility level 1500? I've tried via updating the Properties of the Model.bim but the Compatibility Level option is greyed out...

thanks in advance.

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 10:34 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Unfortunately, setting the 1500 compatibility level is not yet supported in SSDT. Features have not been fully pushed out to clients and will be available in future.

Currently, 1400 is the highest compatibility level available on current build.

For more details, refer “Compatibility level for tabular models”.

If you still have any question, kindly refer the comment section available on “What’s new for SQL Server 2019 Analysis Service RC1

Hope this helps.      

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Wednesday, September 11, 2019 11:19 AM
  • Hello,

Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same. And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Thursday, September 12, 2019 10:30 AM
  • Hello,

Following up to see if the above suggestion was helpful. And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Friday, September 13, 2019 9:47 AM
  • I am having a similar issue. My 1400 models have stopped working. I get an error saying the server you are deploying to has higher compatibility. Is there any workaround for this? I tried looking but could not find one.

Thanks in Advance!

Thursday, October 3, 2019 2:22 AM
  • Hello All,

I would suggest you update/download the latest version of SSDT and try the same.

After you update to the latest version of SSDT, you can create a tabular model with the compatibility level 1500.

And now, you can change the compatibility level from 1400 to 1500.

Right click on “Model.bim” file => select properties => Under Misc => change Compatibility Level

Hope this helps.      

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Thursday, October 3, 2019 7:22 AM
  • Thank you for such a quick response.

However, I downloaded Visual Studio just yesterday. I am not getting the 1500 compatibility in the drop down. Do I need a specific version or something? I have Visual Studio Community as of now.

Thanks and Regards,

HV

Thursday, October 3, 2019 1:18 PM
  • Hi HV,

Make sure you have downloaded and installed SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) for Visual Studio.

This document helps you to how to download and install SSDT for Visual Studio.

Hope this helps.

Friday, October 4, 2019 8:45 AM
  • Hello All,

We are pleased to announce that SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT) for Analysis Services now supports tabular models with 1500 compatibility level. The 1500 compatibility level is required to take advantage of the latest features for tabular models in Azure Analysis Services. You can download the latest SSDT VSIX for Visual Studio from the VS Marketplace.

To create a new tabular model project in SSDT, specify the 1500 compatibility level upon project creation. You can also upgrade an existing tabular project to 1500 in the properties window for the BIM file.

For more details, refer “SSDT support for 1500 compatibility level”.

Hope this helps.      

Monday, October 7, 2019 10:25 AM