none
Back to Parent Button in SSRS not showing RRS feed

Answers

• Hi lilutchay,

What kind of app, winform or webform, are you using? How are you embedding it?

The back button is controlled by Showbackbutton property. When it is true, the back button will show. For this detail, please check Why no Back button?

Anyway, a simple workaround that work for any cases is create a "Go Back" texbox in child report and set action for it to link to the parent report.

Another work around is to add JavaScript. You could check it here .

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by lilutchay Tuesday, June 18, 2019 12:42 PM
    Tuesday, June 18, 2019 2:21 AM

All replies

• Hi lilutchay,

What kind of app, winform or webform, are you using? How are you embedding it?

The back button is controlled by Showbackbutton property. When it is true, the back button will show. For this detail, please check Why no Back button?

Anyway, a simple workaround that work for any cases is create a "Go Back" texbox in child report and set action for it to link to the parent report.

Another work around is to add JavaScript. You could check it here .

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by lilutchay Tuesday, June 18, 2019 12:42 PM
    Tuesday, June 18, 2019 2:21 AM
  • Hi lilutchay,

I'm facing the same issue here:

ReportViewer.aspx Missing "Go to the parent report" Button

Wondering if you ever found a solution to this?

Thanks,

Ken

Friday, January 17, 2020 4:38 PM
  • Yes Ken, The response I marked as the answer solved it for me.

Thanks

me

Friday, January 17, 2020 9:35 PM
  • Hi lilutchay,

Thank you for replying. Are you saying that something in that answer allowed you to make the "Go back to the parent report" button appear in the SSRS report viewer page (i.e. ReportViewer.aspx)? Or did you use one of the workarounds instead?

Thanks,

Ken

Friday, January 17, 2020 10:52 PM
  • The answer in highlighted link did.  

You can find it here. (i.e. using javascript: history.go(-1))

me

Saturday, January 18, 2020 6:19 AM
  • Hi lilutchay,

Thank you for clarifying.

The javascript history workaround doesn't preserve the parent's parameters or what page you were on in the parent report, so it doesn't work for my use case. 

I'm really hoping that someone has a solution for getting that "Go back to the parent report" button to appear in the ReportViewer.aspx page like its supposed to.

Thanks,

Ken

Monday, January 20, 2020 7:34 PM
  • I totally agree with Ken C Bowman.  This is quite frustrating, the Javascript will not preserve the parent's parameters whereas the "Go back to the parent report" functionality does preserve parameters.

I have searched many sites and have not found anyone that has a Solution / Answer to this problem, it is misleading that one of the posts in this thread has been marked as an Answer.

The only way I have ever gotten this to work is to edit the toggle the ShowBackButton="True" > ShowBackButton="False" > ShowBackButton="True" and sometimes it will show the "Go back to the parent report" and it works for drillthrough reporting for as long as I keep that report open once I can get it to work, but as soon as close that report, it will loose the "Go back to the parent report" button.

Funny thing is that all of the other ReportViewer.aspx properties work flawlessly, I can set ShowToolBar="False" and it works immediately and stays ... same for all the other properties except for ShowBackButton="True" ... WTF!

SOTATS, Inc.

12 hours 33 minutes ago