none
How does PPT know which Font XML to use? RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings,

I asked this question in the PowerPoint 365 for Business forum in Microsoft Community Support, and the MS Agent moderator suggested I ask it here as well, in the hopes some kind engineers or otherwise knowledgeable folks might have some insight....

I am dissecting some XML files (using Notepad) and THMX files and one thing I am not clear on: How does PowerPoint know which Font XML file each custom firm template and theme should draw on?

I'm referring to Users > (My User Name) > AppData > Roaming > Microsoft > Templates > Document Themes > Theme Fonts.

When you have a bunch of corporate themes and templates and some use different Font schemes (all housed in the Theme Fonts folder), obviously PowerPoint knows by default  - I think - which one to use when you open a new or existing file. What in the code points to it? The main XML file sits in the Theme Colors file, so obviously that won't mention fonts. 

Does anyone know where I would find the proverbial "arrow" that points PowerPoint to the correct Font XML for each theme or template? In the software interface, these are found in "Variants" but I'm assuming there is code buried somewhere in the theme XML files that point to it.

Thank you.

Thursday, October 10, 2019 3:45 PM