Activation of Visual Studio 2015 Community RC fails with error RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Unfortunately, Visual studio Community RC trail is expired and I could not activate the VS Community version in my laptop. Once I login I get error as failed activation, is it restricted to only School and work ID, as shown in login page of VS Community 2015 activation?

Activation error code"SP324099: Could not complete the operation."

Please help me on this.

Thursday, July 2, 2015 2:35 PM

Answers

• Hi btmurugan,

>> Once I login I get error as failed activation, is it restricted to only School and work ID, as shown in login page of VS Community 2015 activation?

Visual Studio Community is not restricted only to School or work ID, but also apply to non-enterprise organizations, for more detail information, refer to: https://www.visualstudio.com/products/visual-studio-community-vs Q&A part. It is about visual studio 2013 community, but the usage rights of visual studio 2015 Community is same as visual studio 2013 Community.

And error code"SP324099: Could not complete the operation", I listed two possible solutions below, you can have a try:

1. Sometimes, the issue is caused by the DNS setting. Please try flushing your DNS with the command “ipconfig /flushdns” at the command prompt to see if it helps.

2. Are you able to navigate to this site:  https://app.vssps.visualstudio.com/profile/view ? If you can, on the right part of the page under Account header you will see link "create a free account now". Just do it then log in your Visual Studio like you have tried before.

Best Regards,

Jiayi Li

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Barry Wang Wednesday, July 15, 2015 3:04 AM
    Friday, July 3, 2015 5:53 AM

All replies

• Hi btmurugan,

>> Once I login I get error as failed activation, is it restricted to only School and work ID, as shown in login page of VS Community 2015 activation?

Visual Studio Community is not restricted only to School or work ID, but also apply to non-enterprise organizations, for more detail information, refer to: https://www.visualstudio.com/products/visual-studio-community-vs Q&A part. It is about visual studio 2013 community, but the usage rights of visual studio 2015 Community is same as visual studio 2013 Community.

And error code"SP324099: Could not complete the operation", I listed two possible solutions below, you can have a try:

1. Sometimes, the issue is caused by the DNS setting. Please try flushing your DNS with the command “ipconfig /flushdns” at the command prompt to see if it helps.

2. Are you able to navigate to this site:  https://app.vssps.visualstudio.com/profile/view ? If you can, on the right part of the page under Account header you will see link "create a free account now". Just do it then log in your Visual Studio like you have tried before.

Best Regards,

Jiayi Li

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by Barry Wang Wednesday, July 15, 2015 3:04 AM
    Friday, July 3, 2015 5:53 AM
  • Visual Studio needs Internet Explorer to activate and for me the problem was that my version of Internet Explorer was too old (I had Internet Explorer 8).

I tried updating to Internet Explorer 11, but it repeatedly failed. Eventually I found out that Visual Studio 2015 needs only Internet Explorer 10, so I installed that, and thankfully it worked :).

Saturday, October 3, 2015 11:48 AM