none
New Azure Subscription + Azure Backup Cost for 2 TB Physical Machine RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I need some info relevant to Azure Backup Implementation in an Environment where there is Physical Machine Having data of 2 TB and need a Backup on Azure 

1) Which Azure Subscription is Best for this solution since i do not have any

2) What will be total cost of that 2 TB first time and if let say I backup 2 TB initially and after a MONTH become 3 TB then Azure did backup again or just new 1 TB data

Please guide its urgent.

Thursday, May 23, 2019 7:06 AM

All replies

• Refer to Azure Backup overview page to decide the backup component that best fits your requirement. My suggestions would be to opt for Azure backup agent.

1) Which Azure Subscription is Best for this solution since i do not have any
    See Azure offer details  - 
    https://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/support/legal/offer-details/ to understand type of subscriptions that Azure offers. For your requirement, I think you can go with Pay-As-You-Go subscription.

2) What will be total cost of that 2 TB first time and if let say I backup 2 TB initially and after a MONTH become 3 TB then Azure did backup again or just new 1 TB data
    Initial backup would be full backup (2 TB in your case) and the subsequent backups are incremental backups (1 TB at the end of month) if scheduled for only monthly backup.

For understanding the cost, you can use Azure Pricing Calculator - https://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/pricing/calculator/ 

Thursday, May 23, 2019 11:33 AM
  • Hi Sadiqh

Thanks for share details I just go through Calculator but have some concern which is ideal for prodution environemt

In Storage Field : which one Suits me LRS OR GRS

In Retention Range Filed what i need to enter value for weekly/monthly & yearly

Here are the Production Environment Details:

Source Server : Domain Controller

Operating System Installed : Server 2012 R2

CPU /No of Cores : 8

RAM : 32 GB

DISK SIZE : 1 TB

Used Space : 900 GB

Name of Application that Run on that Server : Active Directory & File Server

SQL : Not Installed

Source Environment : Physical

Users: 100

Please suggest best approach so that easily use Azure Backup Solution and also if there any deployment guide relevant to that please do share.

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 6:24 AM
  • You might want to check with your IT manager or your immediate manager on how they want to plan it. Selecting GRS/LRS and schedulig backup to weekly/monthly & yearly has an impact on the billing. So, it is your choice to make a decission based on the business requiement.

Thursday, May 30, 2019 8:57 AM
  • Ok Get it one more thing I need to confirm that Since Client do not have any Azure Subscription so All he need is Just Azure Subscription & Azure Backup Component. Is that enough to Take Backup of Physical Machine or Other Components are also Mandatory 

Virtual Machine Component Subscription

VPN Gateway Component Subscription

Azure Active Directory Component Subscription

Do I need that too ?

• Edited by Saad9837 Thursday, May 30, 2019 10:04 AM
    Thursday, May 30, 2019 10:02 AM
  • Yes, your client would need Azure subscription to use Azure Backup.
    Thursday, May 30, 2019 10:21 AM
  • Do I need that too ?

Thursday, May 30, 2019 10:52 AM
  • Do I need that too ?

NO.

For using any Azure service you need Azure Subscription. If you want to learn how Azure works, sign up for Azure free trial. If you're already using Azure then you must be aware of different Azure subscriptions.

Friday, May 31, 2019 7:29 AM
  • Hi Sadiqh

Thanks for clarify however as per Client Requirements On Physical Machine Server 2012 R2

There are 2 Entities 

AD Users

File Server

That are running currently 

These 2 are separate entities so Only Azure Subscription and Azure Backup required? As File Server is also part of Client Infrastructure  and When I try to take backup then Only File/Folders & System State Option Available

How to do Backup File Server running on-Prem?

Thursday, June 13, 2019 11:40 AM
  • If you're planning to backup file server, install MARS agent on the file server and then take the file/folder backup or System state backup. References - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/backup/backup-architecture and https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/backup/backup-overview
    Wednesday, June 26, 2019 8:06 AM