Ink Canvas in MultiPoint Application RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to develop an MS PAINT kind of application using MultiPoint so that the multiple users and draw and paint at the same time. InkCanvas is the simple tools that can be used in WPF. Would making a user control would solve the problem?? I was wondering if anyone could suggest me something. Thank you in advance.
    Anish Shrestha. MSP 2010, Nepal.
    Thursday, December 24, 2009 6:43 PM

Answers

• This is an excellent potential sample application, something I've spoken with a couple of other people about adding as an SDK sample.

This isn't in our 1.5 release which should be out shortly.  I'll see if we can get it into our 1.6 release.
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 7:44 PM

All replies

• This is an excellent potential sample application, something I've spoken with a couple of other people about adding as an SDK sample.

This isn't in our 1.5 release which should be out shortly.  I'll see if we can get it into our 1.6 release.
    Wednesday, December 30, 2009 7:44 PM
  • Hi, I have tried to accomplish this thing using the existing Button Control. Though this is not a reliable solution but its good to know the logic on using the existing controls.

http://msdnnepal.net/blogs/kushal/archive/2010/01/17/drawing-on-an-ink-canvas-with-a-multipoint-mouse.aspx

thanks.
    CooSHal
    Sunday, January 17, 2010 7:28 AM
  • Just make a custom control inherit the InkCanvas in WPF. I've successfully made this, and trying to define new way for selection and deletion in MultipointInkCanvas with multiple-mice, it's quite different from scenario with single-mouse.
    Monday, May 10, 2010 4:40 AM
  • int X = (int)((MultiPointMouseDevice)((DeviceInfo)(MultiPointSDK.Instance.MouseDeviceList[mouseId])).DeviceVisual).GetPosition().X; 
    there is one error in this sentence, my vs2010 says there is no GetPosition() method, this is the error result
    Error	1	'Microsoft.Multipoint.Sdk.MultipointMouseDevice' does not contain a definition for 'GetPosiiton' and no extension method 'GetPosiiton' accepting a first argument of type 'Microsoft.Multipoint.Sdk.MultipointMouseDevice' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	f:\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\MultipointInkCanvas\MultipointInkCanvas\MainWindow.xaml.cs	63	139	MultipointInkCanvas

Monday, November 8, 2010 3:59 AM
  • Hi, I have tried to accomplish this thing using the existing Button Control. Though this is not a reliable solution but its good to know the logic on using the existing controls.

http://msdnnepal.net/blogs/kushal/archive/2010/01/17/drawing-on-an-ink-canvas-with-a-multipoint-mouse.aspx

thanks.
    CooSHal
    int X = (int)((MultiPointMouseDevice)((DeviceInfo)(MultiPointSDK.Instance.MouseDeviceList[mouseId])).DeviceVisual).GetPosition().X; 
    there is one error in this sentence, my vs2010 says there is no GetPosition() method, this is the error result
    Error	1	'Microsoft.Multipoint.Sdk.MultipointMouseDevice' does not contain a definition for 'GetPosiiton' and no extension method 'GetPosiiton' accepting a first argument of type 'Microsoft.Multipoint.Sdk.MultipointMouseDevice' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	f:\documents\visual studio 2010\Projects\MultipointInkCanvas\MultipointInkCanvas\MainWindow.xaml.cs	63	139	MultipointInkCanvas
    Monday, November 8, 2010 4:04 AM