none
When will I receive my payment? RRS feed

• Question

• My app reached more than $ 200 but I do not see any sign of payment.

another question:

if my app costs 0.99 and sold 200 copies, payment is sent? or is sent only when sales reach 200 + 30% of the commission from microsoft?

Daniel Lucena

Thursday, November 29, 2012 10:46 AM

Answers

• Hi Daniel,

Apologize for the delayed reply. I see that your app's paid downloads went past the 200 mark around end of October. And as you can see in MaxPirat's response earlier in this thread, it could take upto 120 days for the transactions to be settled. If my math is correct, in your case where the app is priced at $0.99, the "worse case" scenario would be you wont hit the settled transaction threshold of $200 until end of February. But it is entirely possible that transactions for any downloads in November might be settled before the ones in October which will push you past the $200 threshold without having to wait until February. If that happens, I am confident MS will make the payment you are entitled to.

I hope this clears your concerns.

Thanks,
    Sharat

This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of attachments are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

• Marked as answer by Daniellucena Wednesday, December 5, 2012 12:36 PM
    Wednesday, December 5, 2012 1:01 AM

All replies

• Daniel,

Can you please share your app name so that we can take a look at the download numbers?

Thanks,
    Sharat

This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of attachments are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Thursday, November 29, 2012 5:22 PM
  • Thank's for your support, the name is "Gastos", is a Brazillian App (English version is comming soon xD )

Daniel Lucena

Thursday, November 29, 2012 9:13 PM
  • "Payout is based on settled transactions, and purchases made through mobile operator billing generally take 120 days to settle."

So you may have to wait a lot more to get money. Based on my experience(but it depend if it's the same situation in Brazil) more then 50-70% of the sells, made through mobile operator. So you can think about getting paid only if you sell at least 400 copies(often need a lot more).

Maybe it's just my ;) Good luck!

• Proposed as answer by Danny G. - MS Tuesday, December 4, 2012 6:03 AM
    • Unproposed as answer by Daniellucena Tuesday, December 4, 2012 1:31 PM
    Sunday, December 2, 2012 1:10 AM
  • Thanks for your answer, but in Brazil, the only method available is a international credit card (and this is a big problem for sell)

Daniel Lucena

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 1:31 PM
  • What for you need this? In any way MS will not pay to you. For example, I am from Russia and they still owe me several thousand $ which I earned for a last 6 months. All I got from them are useless dummy templated answers from support. Unfortunately I can't convert these answers to $ or something valuable. Making promises that they do not fulfill is a basis of how MS makes own business.
    Tuesday, December 4, 2012 4:19 PM
  • Can I ask what kind of answer you got from support? Several thousand for last 6 months, you really don't get any money, what can they say it's not about settled transactions for sure. Thank you.

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 8:46 PM
  • MaxPirat,

two month ago I got answer "we will setup payment in 2-4 weeks",

two weeks ago I got answer "we will setup payment tomorrow",

one weeks ago I got answer "we waiting when you finalize bureaucratic paper work with our Russian vendor", after that I contacted MS's local Russian vendor and they told me that they did not get any requests related to payouts to me from MS.

I may guess that MS pays money to developers from important markets like US or UK. And they think that payouts to small market are not mandatory. I do not know how does this called in US where MS from. In Russia this is called "stealing".

Tuesday, December 4, 2012 11:13 PM
  • Hi Daniel,

Apologize for the delayed reply. I see that your app's paid downloads went past the 200 mark around end of October. And as you can see in MaxPirat's response earlier in this thread, it could take upto 120 days for the transactions to be settled. If my math is correct, in your case where the app is priced at $0.99, the "worse case" scenario would be you wont hit the settled transaction threshold of $200 until end of February. But it is entirely possible that transactions for any downloads in November might be settled before the ones in October which will push you past the $200 threshold without having to wait until February. If that happens, I am confident MS will make the payment you are entitled to.

I hope this clears your concerns.

Thanks,
    Sharat

• Marked as answer by Daniellucena Wednesday, December 5, 2012 12:36 PM
    Wednesday, December 5, 2012 1:01 AM
  • @My Lord, I really envourage you to open a support ticket on this. Have you done that already?

Thanks,
    Sharat

Wednesday, December 5, 2012 1:04 AM