none
App Paid Upgrade features RRS feed

• Question

• Suppose I have a version 1.x.x of my App going for 2 years. Then, I decide to release a major upgrade in the form of 2.x. Is there any way to make the old version customers pay to get the new version for a discount while charging full fee to new customers? I can't see any way to do that except perhaps releasing a new app with version number 'MyApp 2' but even then there seems no way to offer discounts to old version customers. Also, there will be 2 apps 'MyApp' and MyApp 2' in the store causing confusion. Any thoughts? I can live with the fact that "paid upgrades" are not possible in the store but I want to confirm.

Thanks.

P.S. This would become possible if a Durable Add-on purchase can replace the App itself. Is that possible by any chance? 

• Edited by SanjaySk Friday, September 20, 2019 1:13 PM
    Friday, September 20, 2019 1:10 PM

Answers

• Hi SanjaySk,
    >Is there any way to make the old version customers pay to get the new version for a discount while charging full fee to new customers?
    No, Dashboard and the official documentation don't seem to have this instruction now.Once a user purchases your app, he will use your app(not include the add-ons) forever without pay any more.

>This would become possible if a Durable Add-on purchase can replace the App itself. Is that possible by any chance? 
    No,this seems impossible for add-on to replace the app itself. Add-on is also known as in-app purchase which you can use to sell content or new app functionality from right within the app.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by SanjaySk Monday, September 23, 2019 5:31 AM
    Monday, September 23, 2019 2:45 AM