none
Promote a website on windows apps? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I don't have an app in the Windows App Store (yet). Is there a way to just promote a website on the Windows apps? Reason is, my target audience consists of Windows users.

How do I get started in buying ads in this case?

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 7:37 AM

All replies

• Hello,

You won't be able to buy ads for promoting the website on others' Windows apps. But you can create your own app and add the website to your app. And use community ad to cross-promote your app with other developers in the Windows Store for free.  

For more details, you may refer to about community ads.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 9:48 AM
  • I just got my first app in the store and it is a Progressive Web App (PWA).  It is basically a website with a very minimal wrapper around it so it behaves like an app to the end user.

You can create your own PWA from your site at www.pwabuilder.com.

Thinking that I can use my presence in the windows store as a springboard. A prospect installs my app on their desktop computer, then I can tell them how to 'install' my app on Android and iOS.

I am also interested in promoting my PWA.

Wednesday, February 28, 2018 1:46 PM
  • Hi there,

I don't have an app in the Windows App Store (yet). Is there a way to just promote a website on the Windows apps? Reason is, my target audience consists of Windows users.

How do I get started in buying ads in this case?

Hi SilentSteel,

Currently, it's not possible to promote websites on Windows apps. I would suggest that you use Bing Ads to target windows users.

Regards,

Kunal Prakash [MSFT]

Thursday, March 1, 2018 5:13 AM