none
ms store problems with trial not ending, promo codes not ending, simple copy of pkg out of windowsapps RRS feed

• Question

• I tried to find some way to talk to "support" but other than paying $1500, I wound up here.

Three problems.

The most recent is my current 7-day trial is in its tenth day.   The store says

"You can use this app for now or buy it to own."

For 10 days.  I installed it on a test account July 15, 2019.  I uninstalled it on the 21st.  It is now late on the 25th. This is not listed in the "All Owned" category at the MS Store.  I have tested this several times before.

Second problem.  From the task manager I can "Open file location" of my app, select all the files, and copy them to another location.  This "package" runs as if it were own private install.  In other words, and I think this is well-known, there is no protection of Desktop Bridge packages downloaded from the store.  I have duplicated this with other packages there, not just mine.  In other words, everything is free.  Desktop Bridge, at least.

Third problem.  Promo codes.  On the dashboard, I have one promo code.  The Start date shows 5/26/2017 2:22:01 PM.  The Expire date shows 11/26/2017, 2:22:01 PM.  It claims "Expired" under the Download column.  It has not expired in fact.  I know because I can still download that using another test account (different from the test account used in the most recent problem).  This IS listed in the "All Owned" category at the MS Store.

My questions are:

1. Why does the 7-day trial not expire at 7 days?  What is it supposed to do for Desktop Bridge apps?  I expect it to check the store at "7 days", see that it has expired, and to stop running.  I expect a re-download/install to not proceed, at least not while it has the same major version number.

2. How come it's so easy?

3. Why don't promo codes stop working when expired?

• Moved by Xavier Xie-MSFT Friday, July 26, 2019 9:32 AM move to correct forum
    Friday, July 26, 2019 2:14 AM

All replies

• Hi spymaster2,

I moved your question to 'Publishing Windows Store apps' forum for better support.

Best Regards,

Xavier

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, July 26, 2019 9:34 AM