none
Changing Publisher Display Name and updating package.appxmanifest RRS feed

• Question

• When I first created my account at the Partner Center, I used a publisher display name like "abc software". I created a new app at the center with that account. The app's publisher display name is also "abc software". In visual studio 2017, I associate my app with the one from the store and it has the same display name. I decided to change my publisher name to "abc software development". I did that at the Partner Center and it seemed to work. However, the display name associated with my app doesn't change. I actually deleted the app and recreated it and it still has the old display name. I created a completely new app and it too has the old name. How do I change the publisher display name and get visual studio to get the correct store association?
    Monday, March 11, 2019 11:05 PM

Answers

• Hi Chuck Bohling
    >I did that at the Partner Center and it seemed to work.
    What does Publisher display name show in the Account settings page(Settings/Developer settings/Account settings/Contact info)? What does the Package/Properties/PublisherDisplayName shows in the identity details page(Overview/app Name/App management/App identity/Identity details)?old name or new name?
    >However, the display name associated with my app doesn't change.
    Do you mean the PublisherDispalyName under the properties still show the old name?

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 2:46 AM

All replies

• Hi Chuck Bohling
    >I did that at the Partner Center and it seemed to work.
    What does Publisher display name show in the Account settings page(Settings/Developer settings/Account settings/Contact info)? What does the Package/Properties/PublisherDisplayName shows in the identity details page(Overview/app Name/App management/App identity/Identity details)?old name or new name?
    >However, the display name associated with my app doesn't change.
    Do you mean the PublisherDispalyName under the properties still show the old name?

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 2:46 AM
  • It looks like the problem is fixed. I assumed the change I made would have had an immediate effect but I guess it took some time. All is good now.

Tuesday, March 12, 2019 5:27 PM