none
Can the Developer Account be different to the PubCenter Account? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Would anyone know if it is ok to have two different accounts "linked" to the same app?

Basically, my current Developer Account is linked to an US account and that account is obviously linked to the Test Device.

However, since I would like to add AdSupport and/or sell Apps, due to Tax Reasons, I would need an account that is linked to a different country. The Problem here is, that the account that I currently have setup with pubCenter is linked to my wife's phone.

Would that cause an issue? Can I still get an Ad Unit ID with my wife's account, and possible incomes linked to that account, however, add that ID to an App developed and uploaded with my own Developer Account? (I assume yes, since it would basically the same as if I use the AdMob from Google, isn't it? The accounts would be different too.)

Hope someone can help me clarifying that :-)

Friday, April 25, 2014 9:39 AM

Answers

• Hi IrishBeast,

Yes you can put ad units created under your wife's pubCenter account into an app created under your own dev center account. Any revenue from Ads will accrue under your wife's pubCenter account while any revenue from selling the app / in- app purchases will accrue under your dev center account.

Sunday, April 27, 2014 6:32 PM

All replies

• Hi IrishBeast,

Yes you can put ad units created under your wife's pubCenter account into an app created under your own dev center account. Any revenue from Ads will accrue under your wife's pubCenter account while any revenue from selling the app / in- app purchases will accrue under your dev center account.

Sunday, April 27, 2014 6:32 PM
  • Thanks, but I think I will keep it simple and simply turn my wifes account into a dev account, subscribe with that to the annual subscription and upload apps with her account :-). Might be the best option.
    Monday, April 28, 2014 11:23 AM