none
Windows DevCenter Account Type Problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I created a Dreamspark account from my university and then I created an account on create.msdn.com I chose student type but it is individual type, and it never prompted me to confirm my dreamspark account. Can i change the account type to student because I have a valid Dreamspark account , or to deactivate my DevCenter account?

Thank you,

Andrei Macavei 

Thursday, August 9, 2012 7:38 PM

Answers

• Hi Macavei,

As Brainstorms1 mentioned, Individual and student account types are simply called Individual now in the new Dev Center. If you registered your account as a student using your DreamSpark verified account (or by mapping your DreamSpark account with the Microsoft account you registered on Dev Center with), there is no tax to pay.

Also, when it expires next year and you are still a student, you can renew your Dev Center account for free (using your verified student status). Or if you are not a student at that time, you can purchase the subscription during renewal and continue using the same account.

Thanks,

SanjayB

• Edited by Sanjay Bhaskar Thursday, August 9, 2012 8:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by macavei Thursday, August 9, 2012 9:40 PM
    Thursday, August 9, 2012 8:05 PM
  • With the new DevCenter Individual and Student accounts are merged into Individual. 
    • Proposed as answer by Brainstorms1 Thursday, August 9, 2012 7:49 PM
    • Marked as answer by macavei Thursday, August 9, 2012 7:57 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by macavei Thursday, August 9, 2012 7:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by macavei Thursday, August 9, 2012 8:02 PM
    Thursday, August 9, 2012 7:46 PM
  • If you have your DreamSpark account verified as a student, then the annual subscription for DevCenter is no cost for you.
    • Marked as answer by macavei Thursday, August 9, 2012 8:04 PM
    Thursday, August 9, 2012 8:02 PM

All replies

• With the new DevCenter Individual and Student accounts are merged into Individual. 
    • Proposed as answer by Brainstorms1 Thursday, August 9, 2012 7:49 PM
    • Marked as answer by macavei Thursday, August 9, 2012 7:57 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by macavei Thursday, August 9, 2012 7:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by macavei Thursday, August 9, 2012 8:02 PM
    Thursday, August 9, 2012 7:46 PM
  • Even if it says Individual and it expires in 1 year I do not have to pay the tax right? Cause I mapped my account as you said in your thread
    Thursday, August 9, 2012 7:55 PM
  • If you have your DreamSpark account verified as a student, then the annual subscription for DevCenter is no cost for you.
    • Marked as answer by macavei Thursday, August 9, 2012 8:04 PM
    Thursday, August 9, 2012 8:02 PM
  • Hi Macavei,

As Brainstorms1 mentioned, Individual and student account types are simply called Individual now in the new Dev Center. If you registered your account as a student using your DreamSpark verified account (or by mapping your DreamSpark account with the Microsoft account you registered on Dev Center with), there is no tax to pay.

Also, when it expires next year and you are still a student, you can renew your Dev Center account for free (using your verified student status). Or if you are not a student at that time, you can purchase the subscription during renewal and continue using the same account.

Thanks,

SanjayB

• Edited by Sanjay Bhaskar Thursday, August 9, 2012 8:06 PM
    • Marked as answer by macavei Thursday, August 9, 2012 9:40 PM
    Thursday, August 9, 2012 8:05 PM