Denali CTP3 error with Microsoft Visual Studio RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

After installing denali CTP3 I am upgrading SSIS package with Denali CTP3 using Visual Studio 2010.  However, I am getting the following error message.  Would you please help me with this. 

"Errir at SCR Log warning message if OUTPUT table is not empty [SCR Log warning message if OUTPUT table is not empty]: There was an exception while loading Script Task from XML: System.IO.FilenNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Application.Core, Version=10.0.0.0, culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'

at Microsoft.SqlServer.IntegrationServices.VSTA.VstaHelper, <cleanup>b_2a()

at Microsoft.SqlServer.IntegrationServices.VSTA.Mtaexecution.Run(Action action)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.IntegrationServices.VSTA.VstaHelper.Cleanup()

at Microsoft.SqlServer.IntegrationServices.VSTAScriptionEngine.DisposeVstaHelper()

at Microsof.SQLServer.Dts.Tasks.ScriptTask.ScriptTask.MigrateVSTA21ScriptProject(XmlElement elemProj, IDTSInforEvents events)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Tasks.ScriptTask.ScriptTask.LoadFromXML(XmlElement elemProj, IDTSInofEvnets events)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.

To enale assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value

[HKLM\software\Miforsoft\Fusion!EnableLog]DWORD to 1. 

(Note:  there was not Fusion!enableLog ] in the registry.  Is that a problem]

Any help will be greatly appreciated. please let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you,

Sabina

sabina
    Wednesday, September 7, 2011 3:04 PM

All replies

• Hello Sabina,

please elaborate more on the scenario.

I assume you have a SSIS 2008 version package that you wanted to upgrade to "Denali", is that right?

Also it seems you modified the error message e.g. it read errir whereas error expected. If you did, why?

On the surface I can tell you this error means your Script Task has a dependency on some extra libraries that are not available.

Now also need to know more on what is in that Script Task.

Arthur My Blog
    By: TwitterButtons.com
    Sunday, October 2, 2011 1:01 AM
  • I have new dev system I have setup with VS 2010, SQL 2012, SSDT CTP4 and I am getting an error on the same item.  It is reported as missing.

Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Application.Core, Version=10.0.0.0, culture=neutral

Any time I try to edit a script in a SSIS package in VS 2010.  Everything else appears to be working fine.

Any idea what I need to install to get this in place?

The exact error message is:

Cannot show Visual Studio Tools for Applications editor.

Addtional information

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Tools.Applications.Core, Version=10.0.0.0,

Culture=neutral, PublicKeytoke = b03f5f7f11d50a3a; or one of its dependencies.  the system cannot find the file specified. (Microsoft.SqlServer.TxScript)

• Edited by ron_e Tuesday, December 13, 2011 10:02 PM
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 8:38 PM
  • I am also experiencing the same problem.

Has there been any progress on this issue?

Thanks,

Gary

Tuesday, March 6, 2012 9:35 AM
  • Me too, and I'm using the SQL 2012 RTM
    Monday, March 12, 2012 7:21 PM
  • I would re-install any prior and the current version of SQL Server and/or components.

Besides, what is the error message in it entirety?

Arthur My Blog

Monday, March 12, 2012 7:42 PM
  • Same problem here, did a repair of VS2010 and Integration Services 2012 RTM, didn't help.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 3:15 PM
  • Do you have any third-party add-ons or tools installed on your machine?

Arthur My Blog

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 3:16 PM
  • I have team foundation sidekicks installed and Database generation workflow manager v1.1
    Wednesday, March 14, 2012 3:51 PM
  • I would un-install them 1st of all, then re-install the non-working product.

Arthur My Blog

Thursday, March 15, 2012 6:12 PM