none
Cannot activate xbox developer mode RRS feed

• Question

• So I have got the Developer mode activation app for my xbox one s, and it opens, gives me the code to input into the /xboxactivate page to then go onto the activation process.

But when I try to access that link it does not load, and instead redirects me to the dashboard. The dashboard is also very broken, for example: I go onto my preferences by clicking preferences, and it just reloads the page and goes back to what I was redirected too. 

I cannot activate my xbox and I would be grateful for any help 

• Edited by Clutch_k1ck Saturday, January 6, 2018 11:24 PM
    Saturday, January 6, 2018 11:23 PM

All replies

• Hi Clutch_k1ck,

>>But when I try to access that link it does not load, and instead redirects me to the dashboard.

This developer.microsoft.com/xboxactivate should indeed redirect to the dashboard. After logging into the dashboard with a developer account, it shows the page for entering activation code.

For more details about how to activate Xbox One Developer Mode, you could refer to the steps described in this document: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/xbox-apps/devkit-activation#activate-developer-mode-on-your-retail-xbox-one-console  

Best Regards,

Annie

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 8, 2018 6:33 AM
  • It redirects me to the dashboard and still does nothing.

My xbox one s is on and waiting for the code to be used, but it just redirects me to the dashboard and stopps completely. No sign of any movement 

Monday, January 8, 2018 10:08 PM
  • Hi Clutch_k1ck,

>>It redirects me to the dashboard and still does nothing.

Do you mean the page for entering activation code in the Dev Center Dashboard didn't show after you logged in with your developer account?

If so, you might try with another browser to log into the Dev Center Dashboard. If the issue persists , you could open a support ticket to get this specific issue reviewed.

Best Regards,

Annie

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 9, 2018 6:23 AM
  • I have the same behavior on a non -S model,  tried multiple browsers.

Tuesday, May 1, 2018 5:29 PM
  • I get the same issue. developer.microsoft.com/xboxactivate just opens the partner portal.  Xbox has shown the code. 
    Tuesday, September 11, 2018 9:34 PM
  • i am having this issue as well, i have been trying to register for a dev account, but the "get started" link just redirects me to the aforementioned dashboard, where the link to register, and the actual page, is broken.

Wednesday, October 31, 2018 2:52 AM
  • Did you ever resolve this? I am having same issue.
    Wednesday, October 31, 2018 7:22 PM
  • Same issue here

edit: resolved it - in developer portal, click on settings icon at top right- developer settings, dev devices, xbox one development consoles and then enter activation code. 

for some reason the https://aka.ms/activatexbox link isn't opening up the section automagically

• Edited by sean_p_t Wednesday, December 19, 2018 5:57 AM fixed it
    • Proposed as answer by QuintinRobinson Saturday, December 29, 2018 6:37 AM
    Wednesday, December 19, 2018 3:49 AM
  • I have the same issue. I clicked the settings icon and it just game me insider content option and language option. I am not sure how to fix this.
    Wednesday, January 2, 2019 12:34 AM
  • I too have this problem. Xbox One X, Insider Preview and Language/Country. Any solutions?
    Wednesday, January 2, 2019 2:29 AM
  • i have this issue too
    Friday, January 11, 2019 9:01 AM
  • So I have got the Developer mode activation app for my xbox one s, and it opens, gives me the code to input into the /xboxactivate page to then go onto the activation process.

But when I try to access that link it does not load, and instead redirects me to the dashboard. The dashboard is also very broken, for example: I go onto my preferences by clicking preferences, and it just reloads the page and goes back to what I was redirected too. 

I cannot activate my xbox and I would be grateful for any help 

I think I am also facing this issue. Did you get any proper solution?

https://www.9apps.red/
    • Edited by Carl45 Thursday, February 14, 2019 8:34 AM
    Wednesday, February 13, 2019 5:14 AM
  • Even after all these months and no solution?

I am facing the same issue!

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 3:25 AM