none
This submission failed with error code(s) 1201 RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to submit a new version of an app to the store and certification is failing with the following error: "This submission failed with error code(s) 1201.  More info about the error(s) can be found here."

The link with info about the error(s) just goes to a Microsoft docs page that lists some common errors but doesn't say anything about code 1201.  There is a link to contact support on that page but it's broken.

What's particularly strange about this error is that the only difference between the previous submission that did work and this new submission is a single line of code and it's not doing anything weird or unusual.  Instead of only defaulting a value into a dropdown if there is only 1 item in list, it now defaults to the first item in the list.

If I run the local Windows App Certification Kit, it does fail.  However the 2 error failures it gives don't help.  The first is that it detected a restricted namespace and that's not allowed.  However this has been in all previous releases and as part of the submission I've previously written justification for this restricted capability and it's passed just fine.  The second is that the app manifest resources test was blocked from execution.  I'm not sure why this is (again there is a link to a page with common errors but this is not 1 of them).  I assume this less to do with the package and more to do with something on my machine, so I doubt either of these failures are the ones that are happening when I submit to the store.

Is there anywhere I can go to get help or proper support on this issue?  Does error code 1201 actually mean something specific?

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 1:24 PM

Answers

• Hi csuzw,

> certification is failing with the following error: "This submission failed with error code(s) 1201......

Is this error in the certification failure mail? If it is, could you reply to this email asking for detailed information? 

>a single line of code and it's not doing anything weird or unusual.

Could you show this line of code here or show a sample which could reproduce the error for us to analyze ? 

>Is there anywhere I can go to get help or proper support on this issue?

The forum can' t track your app submission process, but you could make a support ticket to ask the team which could track your submission for one-to-one help.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by csuzw Thursday, August 15, 2019 7:42 AM
    Thursday, August 15, 2019 7:38 AM

All replies

• Hi csuzw,

> certification is failing with the following error: "This submission failed with error code(s) 1201......

Is this error in the certification failure mail? If it is, could you reply to this email asking for detailed information? 

>a single line of code and it's not doing anything weird or unusual.

Could you show this line of code here or show a sample which could reproduce the error for us to analyze ? 

>Is there anywhere I can go to get help or proper support on this issue?

The forum can' t track your app submission process, but you could make a support ticket to ask the team which could track your submission for one-to-one help.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Marked as answer by csuzw Thursday, August 15, 2019 7:42 AM
    Thursday, August 15, 2019 7:38 AM
  • Aah I hadn't realised there was an email (maybe the message should mention this as the provided link is not very helpful).  I need to find out which email address that might have been sent to.

Thursday, August 15, 2019 7:48 AM