How much money can you make selling WP7 apps/games ? RRS feed

• General discussion

• Ok so Im new to the AppHub, well I have 2 months but today I finally got verified, yeah I know 2 month is a lot! It was that i'm from Puerto Rico and it wasn't accept it (even is is part of the USA). But anyway thanks for all the support Microsoft and GeoTrust gave me :D, just in case you were wondering, yes I have pay for this account like 2 months ago (I choose US, as PR is part of it), but this is a new account Microsoft gave me as the old one got cancelled yesterday lol. Anyway I have submitted around 7 apps/games (each one is 0.99) with I have had a lot of time to actually fix bugs and test lol and I was wondering like what is an estimate on how much money I can make off all of them once they are release. They got great interface and graphics. And if you dont mine like how much money did you make off the AppHub your first month, I just want to know an estimate cause I dont wanna get all upset when I dont see a payout for around 1000+ lol (you can dream right!) P.S. Puerto Rico got to the AppHub yesterday :D -- God bless you all!!
    Saturday, April 2, 2011 12:50 AM

All replies

• Anyway I have submitted around 7 apps/games (each one is 0.99) with I have had a lot of time to actually fix bugs and test lol and I was wondering like what is an estimate on how much money I can make off all of them once they are release.

Could be anywhere between 0.00 USD and a lot. Honestly it's hard to know what the purchasing behaviour will be like for your application. Some developers have found they can make more profits by making their application ad supported instead of something people purchase. You'll have to do some experimentation to see what works best for you. 
    Saturday, April 2, 2011 2:56 AM
  • Congrats on the submissions. the first always seems the best :)

I only have 1 app in the store now. (shoop  http://jotato.net/shoop.aspx). Everyone told me it was worth 2.99, so i put it up for 1.29 and sold maybe 10 copies in 3 weeks. I dropped it to .99 and sold another 10 or so. I had plenty of trial downloads, but no conversion.

For me it could have been that the game didn't lend itself well to a trial, so an upsell was hard. From my stats people were playing it, just not buying it. To make a long story short, I made it free, and it is now ad supported (been that way for a week), and I'm making about 10$/day in ads. It isn't great by any means, but I'm happy with it. It only took me a weekend to code it up. 

A buddy of mine published an app and made about 1000 in 2 months. I say thats pretty good for his first one.

I say all this to tell you that it really depends. 
    Saturday, April 2, 2011 4:47 AM
  • Cool, so today I finally got to see how much it sold the first day (6 day lag)... Only one download, but that just a game of justin bieber in space. My other apps have to wait till friday as they fail around two time for not prompting the user about stopping currently playing music and then for only asking them one. Witch must be a mistake as another app of my pass and only ask one (like an agreement) use the same codes on the other and didn't pass... Just my luck . Anyways how can implement ads on my apps ?? As it might be better doing that lol
    Monday, April 11, 2011 10:27 AM
  • you could take a look at http://advertising.microsoft.com/mobile-apps to think about using ads in your apps

i'm currently researching this as i need to find out if/how microsoft pay non-US developers like myself :/ will make for "fun" lunch-break reading this week

ry
    Monday, April 11, 2011 11:32 PM
  • I have been making, between sales and ad revenue about $5 per day. I have 20 apps out, but some of those are free, ad supported versions of full paid version, and some are completely free with no ads as well.
    http://windowsphonegeek.com/apphub/Search?query=erlensoft

I mostly have apps out because I wanted to learn to program for fun; and I literally have done everything from scratch starting in January from video series and web tutorials and this forum.

Some of my apps are getting really good reviews. I need to update some of my "older" ones with the review app built into the app; as the apps that I realized I could include that in has really helped them get rated and seen by other people.

Though, I have yet to break 2,000 downloads for any single app. I feel most of my apps are pretty high quality; but the truth is they are all pretty simple because I am still learning and doing this in my spare time for fun.

I also can not help but feel that there are so many apps coming out so fast that it is just hard for apps to get noticed by people; and that is a lot of my problem.

It really seems odd to be what is really popular and people "waste" money on and do not, but really, if you look at all the really popular apps; they are the ones that have been out the longest.
    Tuesday, April 12, 2011 2:25 AM
  • Wow 20 apps O.o good job :D. I did a search and they look cool. Your making more then more. Right now I have 4 apps out and one is free, i dont have reports for all of them just one and so far (first 2 days) I've made 2 sells well downloads as I dont know if it was a trial. Im getting desperate as I work hard on them and nothing. Im trying to make that game better so far I have release one update for it and is a big improvement and ive been working on an xtra large update with accelerometer support, vibrations, never before remix of justin bieber song (the game is about justin as I tought it my sold more if use him lol) and a bunch more stuff like live news feed. Anyways I also notice most popular app are the one with more time haha. Website: http://RaidHD.net/ Blog http://blog.RaidHD.net/
    Tuesday, April 12, 2011 2:57 AM