none
Microsoft Account associated with Windows Store Developer Account RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

I've a Windows Store Developer Account associated with my Microsoft Account. When I registered for the developer account, it was written on the page that

If you want to link this to another Microsoft developer account so they both share the same publisher display name, you must go back and sign in with your other Microsoft account.

While now I can't see any option to link another Microsoft Account in the Developer Dashboard.

Also on the page, http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-in/library/windows/apps/hh868184.aspx

It's written that "Whether you create an account for a company or an individual, you can associate only one Microsoft account with the developer account."

These both statements are contradicting each-other. I wanted to know whether it is possible to associate another Microsoft Account with one developer account or not?

If not, how can I change the Microsoft Account associated with my developer account?

Thank you!

- Prateek Jain

Saturday, March 9, 2013 2:32 PM

All replies

• Hello Prateek,

you can associate subscriptions used on the same Microsoft account. So if you use developerA@mycompany.com for your phone or desktop developer account then you would need to register the Store subscription using that same account. You could not signup with anotherdeveloper@mycompany.com and link the accounts, that is not possible. The other thing about that is that they would need to be same type of account. So if you signed up as a company in the Phone marketplace, you will need to register as a company account in the Store as well. Registering as a company in one and individual in the other will not work.

If you have registered using the wrong Microsoft account for the subscription, you will need to contact us through support and we can cancel the account for you. However, if we do cancel the account, you will not be able to use the same Microsoft account again for a developer subscription. Please take the proper time to plan accordingly and the setup will be a much easier process. If you have any questions at all during the registration process, please contact support and we can help. The following page describes how to link accounts in detail.

Thanks,

Jesse

• Edited by Jesse_F Monday, March 11, 2013 3:48 PM content
    Monday, March 11, 2013 3:46 PM
  • Hello Jesse!

Thank you for all the detailed information you've provided me. You're right. When I explored Windows Phone Developer section, I realized that the Microsoft developer account is what can be linked, which is different from a microsoft account itself.

Regarding switching the Microsoft account used for registering a developer account, I was hoping for something like a change in mapping of the developer account to the microsoft account. Just like how we can change the association of our Xbox account from one Microsoft account to another, even though it's also very tightly bound to a Microsoft account, just like a developer account is. Isn't there any way at all to make this possible? I really don't want to get my developer account cancelled, as that will also nullify my annual subscription and probably will unpublish my apps too from the Windows Store.

Thanks!

- Prateek Jain

Monday, March 11, 2013 7:41 PM