none
Rename application, remove reserved application name RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
           I have a published application (Silverlicht 8.1 - release date 08/2017) in Windows Store, with reserved names. I want to use one of the reserved names for the new UWP application, but there is no “delete” button next to the reserved name, but only “make alias”.
          I added another reserved name (was 2 - now 3 names),with which we renamed the application, and successfully sent the application to Windows Store. But when i try to delete a reserved name of interest, there is still no "delete" button, but only "make alias." The "delete" button appeared only in the previous name that was used for the application, the name of interest is now not used anywhere and we can’t delete it.
          Need help how to remove reserved name of interest to us.
    Thursday, September 19, 2019 4:33 PM

All replies

• Hi UserDima,
    >But when i try to delete a reserved name of interest, there is still no "delete" button, but only "make alias." 
    I can't give you an accurate analysis because of no detailed steps provided for updating the app name. Could you check your updating steps with the following steps to see if you missed some one?
    Step 1: Reserve a new name
    Step 2: Update your App Package
    Step 3: Create a new submission
    Step 4: Upload the new package.
    Step 5: Delete old packages
    Step 6: Update Store listing page
    Step 7: Submit to the store
    Step 8: Delete the older name
    For the detailed info for each step, please go to this blog:Rename A Published App.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, September 20, 2019 3:16 AM
  • Hi UserDima,

Did you check your app with the steps which I provide?Is there any update for your issue?

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 30, 2019 9:31 AM