[W8.1] My App slot image when hide app long time RRS feed

• Question

• - My app it is show image page.xaml normal. but my app action  home key and hide  verry long time. When show again it is lost image. I think system delete  image memory.

- I am using cache page xaml :

this.NavigationCacheMode = NavigationCacheMode.Enabled;

- Xaml :

<ImageSource="{BindingBTN_DIEUKHIEN,Source={StaticResourceR}}"Stretch="Uniform"VerticalAlignment="Center"Width="60"Height="60"/>

- bug on windows8.1 and windowphone 8.1 (develop universal app)

Please help me. Thanks!

• Edited by Fred Bao Friday, October 9, 2015 3:18 AM add the tag
    Thursday, October 8, 2015 9:49 AM

Answers

• Hello Truc Luc,

This is a by designed behavior, in windows runtime, after you click the home key, your application would go to the suspended state, and if it does not does not return from the suspending event within 5 seconds, windows assumes that the app has stopped responding and terminates it, so that its previous memory would be lost. The reason I think it is because as we know batteries often run low on laptops, tablets, and phones, because all of us tend to leave apps running even when we’re not using them. So it is acceptable to terminate app to save resource as memory and the batteries.

Of course, for this scenario, there is a workaround to make your app be always alive, for details, please follow this blog: Managing app lifecycle so your apps feel "always alive".

Regards.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Fred Bao Monday, October 19, 2015 10:39 AM
    • Marked as answer by Fred Bao Tuesday, October 20, 2015 2:09 AM
    Friday, October 9, 2015 3:28 AM