The following forum(s) are migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!

Ask new questions on Microsoft Q&A (Preview).
Interact with existing posts until December 13, 2019, after which content will be closed to all new and existing posts.

Learn More

none
VS...is crashing like crazy. I need help on adding some code to the Project XML file to aply a work around. RRS feed

• Question

• I was pointed by MS  to a workaround to fix Visual Studio major and frequent crashing using C#. Its a known issue.  They want me to add code to the project file and pointed me to the following

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <RuleSet Name="MyRules" Description="My Rules" ToolsVersion="16.0">
    <Rules AnalyzerId="Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.Features" RuleNamespace="Microsoft.CodeAnalysis.Features">
    <Rule Id="IDE0067" Action="None" />
    <Rule Id="IDE0068" Action="None" />
    <Rule Id="IDE0069" Action="None" />
    </Rules>
    </RuleSet>

The file seems to me to be my  myApp.csproj.user  . I say that because it has that first line the same as their code snippet above. Ive tried a few different things, but I have not as yet gotten it properly added..  The actual  .csproj  looks totally different.  This is what is in the user file. What should it look like when properly added? 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <Project ToolsVersion="Current" xmlns="https://schemas.microsoft.com/developer/msbuild/2003">;
    <PropertyGroup Condition="'$(Configuration)|$(Platform)' == 'Debug|ARM'">
    <DeviceId>30f105c9-681e-420b-a277-7c086ead8a4e</DeviceId>
    <UseEmulator>true</UseEmulator>
    </PropertyGroup>
    </Project>

Friday, November 15, 2019 9:55 PM

Answers

All replies