The following forum(s) have migrated to Microsoft Q&A (Preview): Developing Universal Windows apps!
Visit Microsoft Q&A (Preview) to post new questions.

Learn More

No XAML designer in VS2019 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

Visual Studio 2019 Enterprise v16.2.5.

Attempting my first Universal application and have run into a problem straight away, the designer 

is not available. I have read a number of fixes online, mostly VS2015 or VS2017 but none have cured the 

issue.  

I have tried right clicking on the .xaml file and setting the "open with", makes zero difference, this code view opens.

Any ideas? 

Thanks 

Saturday, September 21, 2019 7:52 PM

All replies

• Did you try doing a repair on Visual studio 2019?
    Saturday, September 21, 2019 8:08 PM
  • Did you try doing a repair on Visual studio 2019?
    I hadn't, but am trying that now. 
    Saturday, September 21, 2019 8:15 PM
  • Made no difference
    Saturday, September 21, 2019 9:08 PM
  • Hi,

Is there any error message in the Xaml designer windows? If it tells it doesn't support the current version of SDK, you could try to downgrade your target version.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, September 23, 2019 1:26 AM
  • Hello, 

There are no errors shown, I got an info message about Resharper but that's it. 

Monday, September 23, 2019 6:07 PM
  • Hi,

Do you mean the design windows is not showing? Generally, it should shows like:

Is there a same tab in your project? If there is, click the design tab and is there any error message in the design window?

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 1:05 AM