none
Dev centre account not working properly RRS feed

• Question

• I purchased a personal dev centre account within the last 48 hours. When I try to access the account settings or preferences, I get the message:

"Not authorized. You don't have permission to perform this task. For assistance, contact your account administrator."

and when I try to add an Xbox development device, I get the message:

"That didn't work. Try again later, or ask your account manager for access."

Can anyone help me?
    Sunday, February 4, 2018 1:46 PM

All replies

• Welcome to microsoft's bug world...If your issue is something like this..

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d6bfc6a6-f603-4d44-9692-09555a8eb9dc/account-deactivated?forum=wpregister

then..Moderators are going to reply saying either create a ticket in support or this is out of scope or contact to reportapp team...and reportapp team will not respond...bot generated mails will come...thats...it ...dead end..

One of my friend also created a dev center account on wednesday..on thursday her account got blocked for unknown reason..

Thanks and Regards,

Bhupesh

Sunday, February 4, 2018 2:07 PM
  • It doesn't say my account has been deactivated
    Sunday, February 4, 2018 2:57 PM
  • Hi johnkellyoxford,

Usually, this prompt comes up due to limited authority.

If you logged into the developer account as a user which has limited authority, you will see such prompt when you try to perform some task which this user has no access to.

For developer account's owner , to log into the account as the owner will be OK.

For other users of the developer account, it is suggested to contact this developer account's administrator for help.

Best Regards,

Annie

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, February 5, 2018 7:36 AM
  • This is a personal account and doesn't have an account admin
    Wednesday, February 7, 2018 5:45 PM
  • Hi johnkellyoxford,

Sorry for the delay response.

Were you using the email which you used for account registration to login? If not, I would suggest you use that email to avoid inconvenience caused by limited authority.

Best Regards,

Annie

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, March 2, 2018 5:54 AM