none
How does auto-update work for offline licensed apps? RRS feed

• Question

• Are offline licensed apps auto updated. I am asking specifically for edge extensions. I have an extension as a LOB app which is distributed through offline licensing. Does this support auto update when I push an update to the specific store. Does the auto update depend on if the system can access Microsoft store or that particular business store in which I publish the extension. What happens if I push the update only to one of the business stores associated? By offline licensed I mean, I have just downloaded the appx file from the business store and installed it(offline). 
    Monday, August 5, 2019 5:45 AM

All replies

• Hi

I have Two Questions

1. I have Two LOB stores, if I update an app in one store from the partner account does it reflect in the other?

2. I have distributed an offline app downloaded from the LOB store to users who are not part of my Organization. 

I updated the app in the store and the users were able to get the upgrade automatically. Is this a standard behavior ?

Rgds.

Shashi

Monday, August 5, 2019 8:49 AM
  • Hi Developer123456,
    >1. I have Two LOB stores, if I update an app in one store from the partner account does it reflect in the other?
    If you only select one associated enterprise when you update your app, it should not affect the other enterprise.No one outside of the enterprise(s) you select will be able to view or download the app. You could see more details in visibility.

> I updated the app in the store and the users were able to get the upgrade automatically. Is this a standard behavior ?
    It may be not.When checkbox Allow organization-managed (offline) licensing and distribution for organizations is checked, that means the organization is able to download your app's package along with a license which lets them install it to devices without notifying the Store when a particular license has been used. For more details ,please refer to Organizational licensing options and Distribute offline apps

Best regards

Daisy Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 3:37 AM
  • Will the offline distributed app/edge extension automatically update from the store ? Currently it is happening.

Is there a difference between the update to the extension(offline distributed) if its a stand alone machine vs a domain joined machine ? 

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 8:16 AM