none
Account in domains.live.com vs dev.windowsphone.com account RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have an outlook.com account, which was created with a custom domain (let's say domain1) via domains.live.com site. This account has been used for registering at dev.windowsphone.com site and also used for paying the Windows Phone subscription 2 days ago (8,00 USD promo was very nice :-)).

Now, because of the problems with our domain provider, we had to change our domain (domain2), which is completely different than the domain used for creating outlook.com accounts (as mentioned - domain1).

My company is going to delete the "domain1" from the domains.live.com site, but then does it mean that my Windows Phone Dev account will be deleted too?

If the above is correct then, I have two questions:

1. Will Microsoft will refund us the 91,00 USD that was paid during the 8,00 USD promo?

2. If we will cancel the Windows Phone Dev subscription, then what effects it will cause (from the financial side of view)?

Regards,

Marcin

Friday, November 9, 2012 12:42 PM

Answers

• @marcin dev

Unfortunately we are unable to change the Microsoft Account (Live ID) associated to your Dev Center account.  However, your Dev Center account will not be deleted though.  If the email address is completely removed, such as you suggested above, then it may cause issues while trying to log into Dev Center.  To avoid any problems with future sign in issues, I'd suggest creating a new Microsoft Account and then sign up for a new Dev Center account.  I know this is not ideal but it may help avoid future problems once you have apps submitted and published.  If you submit a support I will assist with the refund and honor the promotional pricing.  When you submit the support ticket please reference this post and write "ATTN Paul".

Thank you,

Paul
    Windows Phone Dev Center Support

• Marked as answer by Paul H Monday, November 19, 2012 11:25 PM
    Monday, November 19, 2012 11:25 PM