none
[UWP] Can not install app package because of Microsoft.Services.Store.Engagement package RRS feed

• Question

• I created an app with a reference to the Nuget package Microsoft.Services.Store.Engagement. When deploying an app package of the app I get the following error:

Deployment of package Microsoft.Services.Store.Engagement_10.0.17112.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe was blocked because the
    provided package has the same identity as an already-installed package but the contents are different. Increment the
    version number of the package to be installed, or remove the old package for every user on the system before
    installing this package.

When running the following powershell command to uninstall the package for all users, I got the message that no package was found:

Uninstall-Package -Name Microsoft.Services.Store.Engagement_10.0.17112.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe -Scope AllUsers

What is causing the error of blocking my app deployment and how to fix it?

• Moved by Breeze Liu Monday, March 5, 2018 3:11 AM engagement framework issue
    Friday, February 9, 2018 12:33 PM

Answers

• Installing the app through the 'Add-AppDevPackage.ps1' script gives me this error. However, installing the app by double clicking the generated appxbundle file installs the app without problems.
    Wednesday, May 9, 2018 11:35 AM

All replies

• Found that there are 2 Microsoft.Services.Store.Engagement packages installed by powershell command:

Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.Services.Store.Engagement

When adding the Remove-AppxPackage command, I get an error message because other apps are dependent on them. So is there a way how to update them?

Friday, February 9, 2018 1:42 PM
  • Hi   Ronald Eekelder,

How are you including the Microsoft.Services.Store.Engagementpackage in your UWP app?

As we know, you need to ensure that uninstall the existing app from the test machine before installing the same app.

You can try the following ways to solve the issue.

* Open PowerShell as Administrator and run the following command to remove the special app.

Get-AppxPackage "Identity  Name" -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage

* You can refer this sample to remove the two Microsoft.Services.Store.Engagement packages (specify the application IDs, and remove them all at once).

* You can also try to create a new application with a reference to the Nuget package Microsoft.Services.Store.Engagement. Then, deploy it on the machine which you have not deployed to the same app before and see if it get the same error.

If your issue still exists after you have tried the above methods. May be some problems with your system environment, you need to contact your IT for some support.

Best Regards,

Yong Lu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, February 13, 2018 7:59 AM
  • Did you ever get this resolved?  I am facing the same issue using VS2017 15.6.0 and using the nuget of Microsoft.services.storeengagement version 10.1711.28001 and get the error message on install of

Deployment of package Microsoft.Services.Store.Engagement_10.0.17112.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe was blocked because the
    provided package has the same identity as an already-installed package but the contents are different. Increment the
    version number of the package to be installed, or remove the old package for every user on the system before
    installing this package.

I tried all of the above workarounds none seem to work for me

Wednesday, March 7, 2018 2:34 AM
  • I am experiencing the exact same issue. have you resolved it?
    Thursday, March 22, 2018 1:38 PM
  • After ignoring the issue, I ran into it again. Tried the following:

- Remove all apps who are dependent on them, and then tried to remove it. Didn't help, the package is still listed as staged.

- Tried to remove it by using PsExec from Sysinternal

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/13865930/how-to-uninstall-an-app-that-another-user-installed

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/psexec

- Tried to remove it by using a scheduled task

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/17843483/how-do-i-uninstall-a-staged-app-package-on-my-surface-rt

All didn't help, the package Microsoft.Services.Store.Engagement is still there.

Tuesday, April 24, 2018 7:37 AM
  • Installing the app through the 'Add-AppDevPackage.ps1' script gives me this error. However, installing the app by double clicking the generated appxbundle file installs the app without problems.
    Wednesday, May 9, 2018 11:35 AM
  • I created an app with a reference to the Nuget package Microsoft.Services.Store.Engagement. When deploying an app package of the app I get the following error:

installing this package.

When running the following powershell command to uninstall the package for all users, I got the message that no package was found:

Uninstall-Package -Name Microsoft.Services.Store.Engagement_10.0.17112.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe -Scope AllUsers

What is causing the error of blocking my app deployment and how to fix it?

• Proposed as answer by crazygirl.96 Monday, May 14, 2018 6:36 PM
    Monday, May 14, 2018 6:36 PM
  • Hi Ronald, 

This seems fine which you did. But are you sure it won't give this error to users if we publish it to production on Microsoft dashboard?

Have you tried it?

Thanks.

Saturday, June 23, 2018 6:10 PM
  • When publishing the app to the store and users install it from the store, the install seems OK. I did not encounter any issues. 
    Tuesday, July 17, 2018 12:03 PM
  • Thanks much for the info Ronald. Yes, on PROD it is not giving any issues. :-)

Tuesday, July 17, 2018 12:04 PM