none
share account - open account RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I tried to get a windows store dev account. But Microsoft doesn't accept my credit card and doesn't give the possibility to pay with paypal.

So, I have no possibility to uploads my app. Is there a way to publish the app through a shared account? It is a free app, so I don't want get money. But I want to give the app (and the only way to distribute a metro app is over the app store if I understand it correctly).

My question is:

how can I distrubute an app, if I can't have a developer account?

Monday, February 11, 2013 1:10 PM

All replies

• If you are publishing a Windows 8 UI app it must go through the Windows Store.

Is your card a credit card, debit card or prepaid card? Prepaid cards are not accepted. Also, in some countries, the cards are restricted and do not allow international charges and the Windows Store subscription will be considered an international charge.

You should check with your card issuer to make sure it allows international transactions and also make sure they have not blocked Microsoft for suspected fraud, which is possible, if you have never made an international charge before.

After you have checked with your card issuer, if you still cannot register, please contact developer support.

-Eric

Monday, February 11, 2013 6:36 PM
  • Of course it is a prepaid card. Why should it not work? I paid on lot of systems where prepaid are not accepted and it Always worked without any problems.

Why is Microsoft not able to handle prepaid cards? it is easy: check if credit is available, if yes, execute payment. That's all!

I already wrote to the support, but they are not able to accept my card.

So the only way is to find someone who can share the account with me, or find a "open account" where I can upload my app.

Monday, February 11, 2013 6:47 PM