Earning Revenue RRS feed

• Question

• I have a free app that I am running a Community Ad campaign with.  Is the only way to earn revenue back by running campaigns I pay for or will paying ads also be ran in my app?

Mark D Beginner Programmer

Wednesday, August 23, 2017 4:56 PM

All replies

• Hello,

>>Is the only way to earn revenue back by running campaigns I pay for or will paying ads also be ran in my app?

You have more than one way to earn revenue, such as adding in-app product purchases and trial functionality to your apps or displaying banner ads or interstitial ads in your app.

Ad campaigns (including paid ad campaign) will run in any app that matches your app’s device and category. For new campaigns created after January 9, 2017, these ads will also appear within MSN.com, Outlook.com, Skype, and other Microsoft premium properties.

Best Regards,

Annievia

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 24, 2017 2:59 AM
  • Right, I know all of that.  The question is:  Are any Microsoft or paid for apps advertised in my app when it is a "Community Ad Campaign" or is the only way to earn revenue from banners by having a "Paid Ad Campaign" that I pay for advertising my app with banners and ads that earn revenue are displayed in my mine also.

Thank you,

Mark

Thursday, August 24, 2017 1:10 PM
  • Hi Mark,

Sorry for the delay reply.

>>Are any Microsoft or paid for apps advertised in my app when it is a "Community Ad Campaign"

Microsoft Ads displayed in your app or not depends on your own choice. If you choose "Show Microsoft affiliate ads in my app", Microsoft ads are able to show in your app. So if you don't need them, not to select this option. 

If "paid for apps" here means apps whose owners choose to pay for the app promoting, the ads they paid for can't be "Community Ad Campaign".

According to your description, you have a "Community Ad Campaign". Right?

If so, you are cross-promoting your app with other developers with apps in the Windows Store for free. 

These two links might help: About community ads and Monetize with ads

>>is the only way to earn revenue from banners by having a "Paid Ad Campaign" that I pay for advertising my app with banners and ads that earn revenue are displayed in my mine also

To be honest, I am not sure why you asked so. You could earn revenue by putting ads in your app, which costs no money. It is not a problem if you don't have a "Paid Ad Campaign".

I am sorry that I have no idea what the "ads that earn revenue" stands for. Does it means other developer's ads earning revenue? Or it refers to your ads earning revenue? Other developers' ad campaigns promoting their apps are able to show in your app. However ads earning revenue for other developers should stay in their own apps. Likewise, your ads earning revenue for you should stay in your apps.

Please feel free to let me know if I misunderstand your questions.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Annievia

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, August 28, 2017 3:14 AM
  • Ok so the ads displayed in my app, which is promoted through Community Ads will show ads for other free apps developers have made AND Microsoft ads that pay revenue because I selected "Show Microsoft affiliate ads in my app"?

Wednesday, September 6, 2017 7:31 PM
  • Hi Mark,

Yes, the ads which are promoted through Community Ads will show in your app.

As for Microsoft affiliate ads, it is not completely correct. Microsoft will serve affiliate ads to your app only when no ads from other ad networks are available. This is intended to help to monetize your unfilled impressions and maximize your ad fill rate. (refer to the About affiliate ads)

Best Regards,

Annievia

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, September 7, 2017 8:15 AM