App to App Communication Backwards Compatibility RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have two apps one is windows 10 universal app, and other is windows phone 8 app.

Both are on Windows 10, so my question is does windows 10 support old App flipping logic ? 

we are sharing a file. (SharedStorageAccessManager) 

So will this work on windows 10 one app is 8.1 or 8 phone app and other is windows 10 universal app.

Thanks

Thursday, July 16, 2015 3:56 PM

All replies

• Hello Hande123,

Win10 Universal App use "Windows Runtime" as a new set of library:

File access and permissions

App data storage

It is different for old Windows phone 8 app Windows.Phone.Storage.SharedAccess

Would you mind to clarify how you want to keep your shared data? Basically I think there are ways for us to read the same data. For example, SQLite. But I don't think we can directly access folders.

Best regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, July 17, 2015 10:33 AM
  • Hi Hande123,

“so my question is does windows 10 support old App flipping logic”

Would you mind to clarify the App flipping logic? Do you mean file contracts or anything else?

I’ll try to explain my previous post. Windows Phone 8 and Windows 10 Universal app are different in architecture.

So the Windows.Phone.Storage.SharedAccess and App contracts and extensions cannot help us share file between each other.

I think we can use an alternative way in case that we may need to use the same data for two apps. For example, we may need to read the same data or something else. That’s why I mentioned the file access in my previous post. But I’m not sure whether you want this, please help me confirm it.

Best regards,

Barry

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, July 20, 2015 10:25 AM