none
Running my own Insider Program RRS feed

• Question

• I would like my users to have an option in-app to enroll in an insider program. Just like the one in windows.

I currently have a private package flight, and manually add user emails to it. I advertise this via social media. 

This gives me a chance to vet updates, before they get promoted to become package rollouts for everyone.

It there a way I can automate the addition of user emails to a group used in a package flight? Or something else that fills this role?

The Master Of Stuff

Monday, September 18, 2017 4:16 AM

All replies

• Hi Dainel

Since the problem is not in the scope of our forum, I will help you to move this thread to Promote Your App Forum where you could find get a more accurate answer.

Best regards,

Roy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 5:48 AM
  • Hi Daniel,

Currently, there's no such option existing in the methods from Store submission API. You can only set the group ID when you create flight submission using the API to decide which group will get your flight package.

For the emails in each group list, you still need to add them through Dev Center or you can manage the group by importing .csv file.

I totally understand your purpose but currently Dev Center doesn't have a good support for this feature (automatically fetching and adding the user emails to flight group).

You could try to submit a feature request to Windows Developer User Voice site so that MSFT might will add it to their to-do-list.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Mattew Wu

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 19, 2017 8:22 AM