none
[XBOX]Setting Dev mode on XBox removed all my apps & games and there are no apps or games visible in the store. RRS feed

• Question

• I set developer mode on my XBox today and when it restarted all my installed apps and games were gone. And I also think that it didn't actually remove the games and apps - so they are using up space without being available. But the issue I care about right now is that the store now shows empty - there are no game or apps in the store - so i can't reinstall anything. The only thing I can see in the store are movies & TV.

Edit : Also, although the network diagnostics shows that I'm online and all services are available, when i try to setup the TV (via USB) the XBox reports that I'm not online. Grrr.

So setting up developer mode seems to be completely broken.
    • Edited by Gavin..Williams Thursday, November 24, 2016 1:53 AM
    • Edited by David_FF Friday, November 25, 2016 3:18 AM title tag
    Thursday, November 24, 2016 1:27 AM

All replies

• So how it works is the dev-mode is a weirdly restricted mode where you set up another account. The old accounts are still their, but you have to deactivate dev-mode to get back there. So you can't have your XBox in dev-mode all the time and develop whenever. You have to explicitly set the console to dev-mode for a development session and then deactivate dev-mode afterwards to return the console to your normal accounts.

A jarring experience to be sure. Instead of just showing an empty store - why not tell us that the store is restricted in DevMode - and what's with TV/Movies still being available? Instead of failing to setup TV and saying that the console isn't online (which it is) - why not tell us that TV is disabled in DevMode. It's a bit of a dogs breakfast of an experience. A bit of work could be done here.
    Thursday, November 24, 2016 2:12 AM
  • Hi Gavin,

I agree with you that there should be some user experience improvement when in dev mode on Xbox. I have reported this issue. Thanks for your feedback. 

Best Regards,
    David

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 25, 2016 10:39 AM