Handle request in actionfilter(WITHOUT action exist) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

I need to handle HEAD request which sanded by Microsoft office excel, when user click on hyperlink.
    I decided to use action filter to solve this problem, but I have requirement's that I can't add "[AcceptVerbs(HttpVerbs.Head | HttpVerbs.Get)]"(to handle HEAD and GET) requests and I need have only GET action(don't create HEAD action method). And just return status OK in to any Head request from "ms-office". But as I know It's impossible to handle HEAD request in action filter if you don't have appropriate HEAD action method.
    Tuesday, November 24, 2020 5:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Pavlo Rishko2,
    This Visual C# forum mainly discusses and asks questions about the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools.
    You question is related to asp.net, so it is recommended to ask the question on the Microsoft Q&A forum and you can get more professional answer.
    Thank you for your understanding.
    Best Regards,
    Daniel Zhang

"Visual c#" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A ! We invite you to post new questions in the "Developing Universal Windows apps" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A ! For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

Wednesday, November 25, 2020 5:48 AM