Skype for Business returns "488 Not Acceptable Here" to applicationsharing INVITE SIP message RRS feed

• Question

• hi, All,

I have written an application to communicate with Skype for Business through federation, when I start application sharing from my application to Skype for Business client, that is, send INVITE SIP messsage,  after get 100 tyring, 180 ringing, then always get “488 Not Acceptable Here” with following diagnostics:

Ms-client-diagnostics: 52033; reason="Incoming conversations are blocked over federation link"

But if I add the remote user id in external contact list of Skype for Business, then 200 OK will be returned and applicationsharing works well.

and I noticed that in Skype for Business client trace, the INVITE includes: 

ms-edge-proxy-message-trust: ms-source-type=AutoFederation;ms-ep-fqdn=sipedgeSG20F.infra.lync.com;ms-source-network=federation;ms-source-verified-user=unverified

I am not sure if this "unverified" cause the above issue, and I also don't know how to make it "verified".

so the question is:

how could I get 200 OK response for applicationsharing INVITE message without adding remote user id into Skype for Business contact list?

Thanks a lot,

-Andrew

Thursday, November 12, 2015 3:00 AM

Answers

• hey Tom,

I add the SIP header as your suggestion and the issue is resolved, :) deelply appreciate to your help~~

ms-asserted-verification-level: ms-source-verified-user=verified

Best regards,

-Andrew

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 2:10 AM

All replies

• Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your question about the 488 Not Acceptable Here response. I will work with you on this issue. Let me do some research and I'll get back to you shortly with more information.

Best regards,
    Tom Jebo
    Microsoft Open Specifications

Thursday, November 12, 2015 5:34 PM
  • hi, Tom,

Thanks for your attention, please let me know if need more information on it.

Best Regards,

-Andrew

Friday, November 13, 2015 1:20 AM
  • Hey Andrew,

Can you send me the logs you have for both the failure and success case (target Skype client)? I assume that's where you got the diagnostic message you stated above. If not, I can share the steps to gather them.

To send to me, please email DocHelp at Microsoft dot com, reference the URL for this thread and my name.

Tom Jebo

Friday, November 13, 2015 6:36 PM
  • Hi, Tom,

Sure, but I am not in office now, and I'll send the 2 logs to you as soon as I go to office next Monday.

Thanks,

-Andrew

Friday, November 13, 2015 10:45 PM
  • Thanks
    Friday, November 13, 2015 11:24 PM
  • hi, Tom,

I have sent the log file to you (dochelp@microsoft.com) which includes success and failure cases, I have listed the key lines for your reference.

Thanks,

-Andrew

Monday, November 16, 2015 2:12 AM
  • Thank you Andrew, I'll look for them and let you know what I find tomorrow.

Tom

Monday, November 16, 2015 3:12 AM
  • hey Tom,

I add the SIP header as your suggestion and the issue is resolved, :) deelply appreciate to your help~~

ms-asserted-verification-level: ms-source-verified-user=verified

Best regards,

-Andrew

Tuesday, November 17, 2015 2:10 AM