pdf support urdu font (Jameel Noori Nastaleeq) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have a problem that when I open a crystal report through my aplication, it displays right urdu font (Jameel Noori Nastaleeq).But when I export it to pdf viewer ,it does not show the same text as it is in crystal report viewer. what should I do.

If any body know about it , so plz....... give a solution 

I shall be very Thankful to you.

• Moved by Leo Liu - MSFTModerator Wednesday, April 20, 2011 2:05 AM Moved for better support. (From:Visual C# General)
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011 12:32 PM

All replies

• Hi alamsher,

You can ask Crystal Report Company about this issue. Or you can ask for help from Crystal report forum which is a better support.

I will have a try to help to resolve this.

If you use the Crystal report’s version is 8.5, you can have a try to upgrade to 9 or you can install a patch.

Best Regards
    Daniel Wang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, April 14, 2011 7:10 AM
  • Could you please verify the Font family that is being used at the exact place where you have the etxt - "Jameel Noori Nastaleeq"? The Font family plays a role in these cases.

Regards, Lakra :) - If the post is helpful or answers your question, please mark it as such.
    Thursday, April 14, 2011 7:25 AM
  • Hi

The font family I have already verified that is "Jameel Noori Nastaleeq Kasheeda Italic".

This font I have placed  also in pdf font folder and in window 7 font folder, but the pdf 9 uses its own font instead of this one when I export crystal report to

pdf through application. when I preview report without application it display exact font "Jameel Noori Nastaleeq Kasheeda Italic", But the problem in only in pdf.

Thanks

Arif Alamsher

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 7:35 AM
  • This may due to the self configuration of the PDF reader software.
    Test with another PDF reader to check it out.
    Leo Liu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 2:24 AM